Small orange anemone id?

ReefNewbie12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s all in the title, new tank had some live rock added in and there’s a few of these small orange anemones growing on it,
4EA0C68E-3C17-4A15-A9A6-066E9AD8D9D4.jpeg
they don’t seem to be either of the two big bad ones, so what are they?

Fishpro7897

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you take a picture under white light please. ( and maybe look up rose bulb anemone that could be it)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ReefNewbie12

ReefNewbie12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you take a picture under white light please. ( and maybe look up rose bulb anemone that could be it)
It doesn’t seem to be the rose bulb anemone, but after some searching I’m fairly confident it might be a ball anemone of some sort? I can’t take another picture right now as it has decided to retract, though if that would still be useful do say. (Though blue light is still on, I didn’t think the picture was too blue though?)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ReefNewbie12

ReefNewbie12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t seem to be the rose bulb anemone, but after some searching I’m fairly confident it might be a ball anemone of some sort? I can’t take another picture right now as it has decided to retract, though if that would still be useful do say. (Though blue light is still on, I didn’t think the picture was too blue though?)
If it would be useful here is how it looks now. ( this picture is definitely way too blue though)

D04EB3CF-CB7B-4A9A-AED3-1EB675F8450D.jpeg

Upvote 0

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a ball anemone (actually a type of mushroom), but could be a few other species.

When you can, get a pic in white light, and I can tell you for sure what it is.

Upvote 0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back