Small reef..

yuppyguy07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBReef.com PAR38 and their gooseneck. Everything is doing well under it and it looks great. Pictures can be a pain sometimes with the white balance, but beautiful in person.

Ok thanks, it's out of stock on their site. I wonder where else I can find it. How controllable is it?

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have really though about doing a biocube also but I haven't found one cheap enough yet. No cheap enough to justify not using something I already have

I found the 14 from $30-$50 with out pump or lights but I’m using a new pump and an ai prime hd because I’m going rimless

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you set them so that they had the most random water currents in the tank.. I don't know though as I am still learning on the big tank also.. lol

I guess what I'm getting at is if they are blasting a rock then they don't go as far across the tank lol. And random flow is good but you can get that by placing them either of the two ways you mentioned. Right now I have one on each end of my tank as well as one on the back facing forward. But mine are fairly small and don't move a ton of water. I just had them laying around so I used them on my 29g set up.
0abf91cb84877caacc3b1d50c078054a.jpg

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess what I'm getting at is if they are blasting a rock then they don't go as far across the tank lol. And random flow is good but you can get that by placing them either of the two ways you mentioned. Right now I have one on each end of my tank as well as one on the back facing forward. But mine are fairly small and don't move a ton of water. I just had them laying around so I used them on my 29g set up.
0abf91cb84877caacc3b1d50c078054a.jpg
Oh yeah, you right about the rocks blocking flow.. I didn't even think about that. Hahaha I'm doing the same with my powerhead, well basically everything I'm using is stuff I had lying around the house

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That picture is my 29g, the HOB filter on it is the same one I used on a 10g in the past. So your oversized one should be just fine.

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say my 6g is a successful reef, in a nano size. Going over a year now, all is well and I'm enjoying it a ton. My little clown bud does too!

92e3a7d99b2e40c5e9f9e0e5712fb945.jpg

742a51ca6f44cb429071a81a382717fd.jpg
Nice! You converted your Edge to SW reef. Did you do something special with the lights?

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a 5 gallon Eco AIO using a Fluvsl canister in place of the cheapy water pump. 18 months old, mostly softies and easy SPS and one Blastomussa.No fish. No ATO. Change out 1/2 liter of tank water daily. I propagated the seven yumas in the pic.

IMG_2560.JPG

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a Marine Depot video for a 10 gallon. .I have been thinking of doing one. I would recommend an ATO. I would not recommend putting Damsels in it. There are a lot of nice fish for a nano just limit them to a few. 20% weekly water changes are cheap and you pick the right corals and you won't need any supplements. Be sure not to over feed the tank easy to do on small tanks. I wanted to have my wife do it so she could get more

Uwharrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the AIO EVOs from Fluval. So most is stock except in my 13.5, I have GFO pack in the return, some extra rubble in the 2nd chamber of sump, and an in tank pod hotel that doubles as a light weight chaeto reactor. I installed a mini skimmer in the 13.5 but haven't really used it...so may pull it out and reuse the 1st chamber

can you elaborate on the in tank pod hotel?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back