Small string white tip thing under zoas

Brody Flannery

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2025
Messages
31
Reaction score
3
Location
iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What could this be? aptasia? How do i treate it and will it harm my corals or spread
 

Attachments

  • 8A6A8FE1-57BF-4925-97FC-C4983682A115.mov
    12.3 MB
What could this be? aptasia? How do i treate it and will it harm my corals or spread
What I saw didn't have the fans that aiptasia has. If no one else chimes in, I would just keep an eye on it.

If you're worried (which I understand), you could pull the frag out and let it sit in hydrogen peroxide for a minute or so to see if that kills whatever it is.

You could also take the frag off the plug completely and mount it on something clean if it's on the plug and not on the zoa itself.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new