Smallest fish you’ve kept?

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures I can't find any info on them.

Try searching "flaming prawn goby"

1581177146828.png

1581177171429.png

There is an amphipod in front of him which is probably too big to eat.

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiger gobies. They were probably around an inch to an inch and a half when I got them, now one is pushing two and a half inches and the other is about the same. Pretty sure they're going to spawn soon!

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FW Bumblebee Goby converted to SW. Never got bigger than 1/2" and was perfect for my 2.5G pico tank.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember exactly, but it was at least 5 or 6 hours. They came out of a brackish tank at the LFS.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green clown goby
1581117390562.png

My crazy little clown goby! Cutest fish, who also has 9 lives!! Several years ago, I was fragging a birds nest coral, probably had it out of the water several minutes, saw something move, and it was the clown goby in the coral!! I put him back in the water, where he immediately disappeared...for about a month. Then, several months ago I noticed he was gone again and looked everywhere. One night after the refugium light was on, I was messing in the sump and saw something move. Guess who had gone into the overflow, down the pipe, into the sump, over 2 baffles, and into the middle chamber with the return pump?! I put him back in the tank and he did it again!! I now have a mesh around the overflow to prevent future clown goby escape attempts. He has tons of personality, despite all of his escape attempts and brushes with death! I call him Squiggles because he is always squiggling off somewhere.

OP
OP
ReeferSteve

ReeferSteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My crazy little clown goby! Cutest fish, who also has 9 lives!! Several years ago, I was fragging a birds nest coral, probably had it out of the water several minutes, saw something move, and it was the clown goby in the coral!! I put him back in the water, where he immediately disappeared...for about a month. Then, several months ago I noticed he was gone again and looked everywhere. One night after the refugium light was on, I was messing in the sump and saw something move. Guess who had gone into the overflow, down the pipe, into the sump, over 2 baffles, and into the middle chamber with the return pump?! I put him back in the tank and he did it again!! I now have a mesh around the overflow to prevent future clown goby escape attempts. He has tons of personality, despite all of his escape attempts and brushes with death! I call him Squiggles because he is always squiggling off somewhere.
Love those stories!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 77 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.3%
Back