Smat farms led from Amazon

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry pic is not great, i do not have orange filters. My coralline has exploded over past couple months and the sticks are turning into mini colonies. All were put in around same time and about same size but they are all loving it
Using 1 blue+, 1 coral+, 1 aquablue special, and 1 purple plus.....leaning a lot more into white light these days
20220722_151506_HDR~2.jpg
I'm honestly not sure what 4 bulbs I'm going to go with in the long run. It came with 2 actinics of some sort and 2 blue bulbs. I haven't looked into what exactly they are.

I figure I'll put the LEDs on the AB+ setting and then have 2 blue bulbs for sure. Since it was reported these are a bit light on the blue spectrum. Then the other 2 bulbs are for feel.

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I didnt read all 25 pages of this, but as of now all of you who got this light, any issues yet?
I'm considering this to add to my new build which will include 4 metal halides, and I want to add sunrise/sunset feature to my tank with this.

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I didnt read all 25 pages of this, but as of now all of you who got this light, any issues yet?
I'm considering this to add to my new build which will include 4 metal halides, and I want to add sunrise/sunset feature to my tank with this.
I've had a single unit from the first run over my 13.5 for like 6 months with no issues. I have 4 units on my 200 gallon now with 4 T5 bulbs. Haven't put any corals or anything in there, but I have them all synced up and they're working great.

There's some weird things that pop up like that guy above needing to loosen his screws to stop his fan from rattling. I haven't had any issues personally. The sunrise/sunset feature is automated. You put in the time and it ramps up from 1% to your final % automatically and it divides it over time for you to ramp up evenly. So far so good!

TOMwu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G5 is very excellent reef lightings. you can check the Amazon reviews or in Youtube. It definitely works, the price is just 139.38, and you can apply 10usd coupon. the real price is just 129.38USD.

TOMwu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Could I get away with 2 of these on a 48x18x21 75g or would I need more?
two G5 is enough for 75 gallons.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone done any light shades for this? Etsy has one but looking for a cheaper DIY idea.

I designed and printed my own and my own brackets for hanging them from an extrusion light rack.

smatfarmtestfitalllights.jpg

I have since updated them with a cutout for the control panel. The ones on etsy you have to take the shade off to get to the controls.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dantimdad Would you sell the shades? I was thinking of designing a canopy to deal with the light spill but I like the open top look so I've been hesitant. Would prefer light shades. I've even considered cutting and folding thick cardstock black paper to shade it but haven't yet.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I designed and printed my own and my own brackets for hanging them from an extrusion light rack.

I have since updated them with a cutout for the control panel. The ones on etsy you have to take the shade off to get to the controls.
That's awesome. Unfortunately mine is on the arm mount so I'm a bit limited on options.

What are people using for supplemental blues? I want/ need more pop
I'm using the ali express bar. Looks great and the corals color pop.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried looking on that site but I'm not familiar enough, could you link to the one you're using?

470 nm bar (no controller)

470 nm bar with bluetooth control

I'm using the top one, with no controller. I just have it plugged into a smart plug that I have set via a timer.
If I had to get a new one, I'd probably go for the bluetooth model now.

These are bars with 470nm emitters only. If you want something else, email them and they will build them with whatever emitters/spectrum you want.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
470 nm bar (no controller)

470 nm bar with bluetooth control

I'm using the top one, with no controller. I just have it plugged into a smart plug that I have set via a timer.
If I had to get a new one, I'd probably go for the bluetooth model now.

These are bars with 470nm emitters only. If you want something else, email them and they will build them with whatever emitters/spectrum you want.

Do you have a pic with all of your lights on?

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new mount is round tubing, and on initial inspection is super sturdy feeling, but the more you tighten the more it leans in toward the water. At least with a rimmed tank, maybe its different when you have a rimless tank? But the weight of arm + light makes it fall completely forward.
20220518_140603.jpg
20220518_140535.jpg

So i referenced the "directions", and it shows installation screws on the inside, but that would leave the excess tubing going into the water...
20220518_140957.jpg
20220518_140700.jpg

But with the screws against the glass, it feels sturdy. So I had the husband redrill and tap two holes on the opposite side where it was blank.
20220518_140931.jpg
20220518_142043.jpg
20220518_142051.jpg

So now its mounted up and looks good, feels sturdy. Took hubs less than 5 minutes.
20220518_150330.jpg
20220518_191924.jpg
This is a great mod! Did it today on the two I put over my new 40 Breeder build.

If anyone is wanting to do this, you will need a 6.0mm-1.00 tap and a #9 drill bit.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are mine over the 12 foot tank. They have brackets and shades that I designed and printed.
They are awesome!

The tank isn't as full as it will be. I have to plumb it to the sump that will be under the 187 so for now, it's a canister and water changes. :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back