Smat farms led from Amazon

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue with the mounting on a rimmed tank. First thing was the aluminum clamp would have been in the water or too close to it for comfort. I was going to mount some wood on the back of the stand for something to clamp to but the stand didn’t cooperate. I then cut the rim of the tank and hacked off about a half inch of aluminum to get away from water. The fixture then wanted to bend the bracing so it was not a good support. I packed it all up in the box and started looking at which would be my next light.
Me being the stubborn hard head that I am I took it all back out of the boc Removed the support from the clamp and attached it to the wall using drywall anchors. My light says REV 3, hopefully by REV 10 they get the dang thing right.
Don’t know if I like the light or not, as it was installed late last night.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I documented my fix for this on my thread.... If you know how to drill a new hole and tap the thread this was a 2 minute fix. I do not know these things but thankfully my husband is the go-to for things like this!

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember reading your post where your hubby hooked you up. You got a good man. I was looking into that but the aluminum would still have been too close to the water or in it when I top off. I don’t know what would happen long term with the metal and the saltwater but I am sure it won’t be good for the metal. Maybe leech aluminum and lower the phosphate was what Smat had in mind lol

thanks for the teply

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I documented my fix for this on my thread.... If you know how to drill a new hole and tap the thread this was a 2 minute fix. I do not know these things but thankfully my husband is the go-to for things like this!

Thank you so much for showing me that. My solution was to shell out $150 for a pair of kessil mounts, but I can drill and tap that in 5 minutes instead.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the mounting hiccup I'm very pleased with the lights. I'm buying myself a par meter for my birthday so I'll be able to get some good readings soon. Currently researching which one to go for....

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to hang it on the ceiling. I bought a 61" aquatic life t5/led hybrid. Going to run it with 4 of these.

Smat farms is sponsoring me in a way and gave me some lights to work with. I'll be adding more videos to my page. Especially tracking coral growths once I get started.

The 200gallon is alive and almost ready for fish.

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smat should give you enough lights to do the 200 stand alone, especially to track coral growth. I could slap 6 on a 150 between the halide pendants (which has crossed my mind) and say I get great growth and color from the Smat’s. Hell I don’t even have to plug them in lol

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to hang it on the ceiling. I bought a 61" aquatic life t5/led hybrid. Going to run it with 4 of these.

Smat farms is sponsoring me in a way and gave me some lights to work with. I'll be adding more videos to my page. Especially tracking coral growths once I get started.

The 200gallon is alive and almost ready for fish.
Thats awesome. I use the aquatic life t5 hybrid with 4 smats and my sticks are loving it!

Just found your channel and subscribed.

turtlewax2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 7CBAB1E4-59F6-4146-8A4A-8D9A050A4B3D.jpeg
    7CBAB1E4-59F6-4146-8A4A-8D9A050A4B3D.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 114

seaofbytes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you guys dealing with the noise?

Mine is pretty loud, it's really starting to bother me..

I wouldn't say the fan itself is that loud, but the noise it makes when pushing air out through the cooler.

turtlewax2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wouldn't say the fan itself is that loud, but the noise it makes when pushing air out through the cooler.
I’m not really sure, I hear my ai prime light fan more than I do this light. Idk I guess I am just used to having the noise since I have had tanks for along time.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t say mines that loud but it’s also in my living room with the tv, 2 dogs, 2 kids and their toys plus my AC is fairly loud soo yea I don’t hear it unless I’m right next to it

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ur screws might be too tight...happened to me

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh post a picture of that! And thanks! I need to hang it and do a new video!
Sorry pic is not great, i do not have orange filters. My coralline has exploded over past couple months and the sticks are turning into mini colonies. All were put in around same time and about same size but they are all loving it
Using 1 blue+, 1 coral+, 1 aquablue special, and 1 purple plus.....leaning a lot more into white light these days
20220722_151506_HDR~2.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back