Smat farms led from Amazon

joshrohrer91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any body tried this light? Mine just arrived and everything other than the Mount seems fine. Wondering what the ideal settings for a 29 gallon cube would be.
So it’s been over a month .. how do you like them.. just ordered 3 for my 125 gallon tank

OP
OP
E

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it quite well! At first I couldn’t get the light mount to work, but than I looked closer at the instructions, and got it to work ok. They are easy to set up, and it seems to grow corals fine; my Duncan has already grown like 5 new heads since I added the light!

joshrohrer91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it quite well! At first I couldn’t get the light mount to work, but than I looked closer at the instructions, and got it to work ok. They are easy to set up, and it seems to grow corals fine; my Duncan has already grown like 5 new heads since I added the light!
yea i think im gonna have to do some dodifications to the mount for my tank..my tanks rim is like 1 and 3/8 thick..probably gonna have to cut it down a bit to get it to fit

OP
OP
E

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I don’t have a par meter, so definitely take this with a grain of salt. It is lighting a 29 biocube mixed reef.

Ballman17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this thread. Got these about 2 weeks ago and am going with your settings. Anyone else have these with different settings?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got this light and have it over my 35g, currently running 65, 100, 100, 25 & 25. I like a little more white in the mix. For the money, these lights are no joke and I like the subtle shimmer, it’s not Kessil shimmer, but close enough for me. I can see using some Orphek bars for extra pop with these.

IanK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would any of your guys using these lights replace ai prime hds (not 16)? Would someone post a dimension on the light? I was a little confused on the website

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would any of your guys using these lights replace ai prime hds (not 16)? Would someone post a dimension on the light? I was a little confused on the website
The light itself is just over 8 1/2” long, just under 5” front to back and 1 1/2” tall. For the price, I would pick these over any comparable light. You don’t get an app or WiFi and I haven’t used the remote yet, but once you program them, it’s set and forget. The shimmer is nice and subtle with no disco ball.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light itself is just over 8 1/2” long, just under 5” front to back and 1 1/2” tall. For the price, I would pick these over any comparable light. You don’t get an app or WiFi and I haven’t used the remote yet, but once you program them, it’s set and forget. The shimmer is nice and subtle with no disco ball.
What do you think about one of these for a small frag tank? Would it have enough punch to keep sps alive?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What do you think about one of these for a small frag tank? Would it have enough punch to keep sps alive?
I’m going to use it over my 25g lagoon at first and see, but they have plenty of punch for shallow tanks. I’ll take some par measurements this weekend.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back