Smat farms led from Amazon

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the life of me I can't get the remote to work at all but I'm more of a set it and forget it type so no biggie.
It is a little more white than I thought it would be. More of a coral+ T5 color. I have the whites set at 5%

Cyberskrimps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the life of me I can't get the remote to work at all but I'm more of a set it and forget it type so no biggie.
It is a little more white than I thought it would be. More of a coral+ T5 color. I have the whites set at 5%
Dunno if this video helps with remote?(seems some buttons have a different function than marked?)

NuevoReefer007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That actually appeals to me. I think many things in the industry have way too much control and too many bells and whistles we really don't need.

I like it too, though I did fiddle with the seven different channels for quite a while. It’s been set up for a couple of months, and all the coral are growing, and doing fine. This is a great light for just over a hundred dollars.
Brand new to the saltwater community. I have 2 of these over my 65 gallon reef tank. what percentages did you finally decide to set your channels? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Ballman17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new to the saltwater community. I have 2 of these over my 65 gallon reef tank. what percentages did you finally decide to set your channels? Any info is greatly appreciated!
I go with what the guys posted above. The only change I really change around is the whites which are on channel A. Dealing with cyano/algea so I have them 5% or below while i deal with my pho and nitrate balance.

GzO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I don’t have a par meter, so definitely take this with a grain of salt. It is lighting a 29 biocube mixed reef.
Same settings? Coral still doing great? I have mine at much lower settings, the light is bright! Thought maybe I'd bleach em out if I went 100 on the blues. I have a 20H aquarium.

OP
OP
E

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I lowered my settings down to around 15 percent whites and 70 percent blues. My soft corals seem happier than before, and there has been less algae growth. I have a bio cube 29.

GzO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I lowered my settings down to around 15 percent whites and 70 percent blues. My soft corals seem happier than before, and there has been less algae growth. I have a bio cube 29.
Going to start gradually raising the numbers, there all doing well, had some candy canes bleaching thought it could've been too bright. Thinking now maybe it was too dim for the candy canes? All others look happy. Candy canes moved to a ten gallon, seemed happier there.

GzO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see an actual picture of these lights, along with a picture of a tank lit with these lights.
From this morning. Have had the lights about two months. Started low for fear of bleaching/killing, because they are very bright at 100%. Watching em grow taller laying me to believe I should ramp em up a bit. Will do so slowly weekly. Added pic of my settings for each channel at the moment.

First pic from this morning.
20211014_085144.jpg
I used orphek filters for second picture which is from yesterday morning.
20211013_091944.jpg

20211014_113727.jpg

Last edited:

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you can program it.. BUT I WANT MORE.. Sorry So this is a “new” Tank when you look the images..

I went with this LED knowing I would probably upgrade the light …

tank is L:30x W:24 x H:20

Whites are important to me as I am not a big fan of windex. But don’t want them running all the time. I would love to have just a bit more control.

I opened it up to see the guts.

IMG_1259.jpeg
IMG_1260.jpeg

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is exactly the thread I was hoping to find! Between this thread and TeleGraham's reviews on HumbleFish, this looks like it will be a good investment.
I ordered one of these to replace my little NiCrew 30w over my IM Nuvo 20 and I should have it by the weekend.
I wrote down a bunch of everyone's settings so I can play with them a little when I get it.
My only question then would be placement height. How high about the tank would be ideal for my 20g?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back