SMATFARM lighting

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone that owns a SMATFARM 95w willing to share their spectrum? Or can give me a good recommendation on a good color spectrum for it?

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Here's a related thread! Depending on what size tank you have and what you want to grow, your settings will vary.
I'm sure some of the lovely friends on there will be more than happy to share!
@G Santana

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is some settings.

I run a bit more white as I hate windex tanks.
20231207_085329.jpg
20231207_085345.jpg

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'll check mine out when I get home from work. I run them a bit lower, as mine is on a 20g IM AOI and only have RFAs, zoas, and leathers in there.

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a screenshot from a thread, I don’t remember which one

IMG_2074.jpeg

OP
OP
jbonez_

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll check mine out when I get home from work. I run them a bit lower, as mine is on a 20g IM AOI and only have RFAs, zoas, and leathers in there.
Any chance you would be able to post your settings? I have the same tank.

zjaz777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a 60 gallon Reef Tank. (LPS)
I have (2) Smatfarm 95 Watt lights.
Tank size 48.5 Long x 18.5 Wide x 16 High
Can someone please share Percentage settings for A-F for both Sunlight and Moonlight.
Thank you in advance for any help.

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I run my Smatfarm LEDs at

I always felt the moonlight was too bright. I’d do channel B, C, OR D at 1% and the lightest seems to be D but don’t love the purple color.

I have run these for three years in my 60g reef tank. I don’t use the moonlight for two reasons. First, it’s bright, second it stays on all night and no option to make it go to totally dark as far as I can tell. I bought a separate blue led strip that I can control better and isn’t so bright.

Ok all that to say,

I just set up a second tank and will use a single smatfarm. It’s rimless and a led strip won’t work well, so want to only use the smatfarm. What are you guys using for your moonlight setting? Is there a way to get it to shutdown completely between moonlight and sunrise so there is a period of darkness?

michaelzk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I run my Smatfarm LEDs at

I always felt the moonlight was too bright. I’d do channel B, C, OR D at 1% and the lightest seems to be D but don’t love the purple color.

I have run these for three years in my 60g reef tank. I don’t use the moonlight for two reasons. First, it’s bright, second it stays on all night and no option to make it go to totally dark as far as I can tell. I bought a separate blue led strip that I can control better and isn’t so bright.

Ok all that to say,

I just set up a second tank and will use a single smatfarm. It’s rimless and a led strip won’t work well, so want to only use the smatfarm. What are you guys using for your moonlight setting? Is there a way to get it to shutdown completely between moonlight and sunrise so there is a period of darkness?
I got the 60W version.But all three versions of this company should operate similarly, with only a difference in the number of channels.Since I plan on getting the 140W version, it operates similarly to the 60W version.
I don't know if it's because you have an older version of the light, but smatfarm's lights should have a dark phase after the moonlight phase.The dark phase should be completely lightless.Perhaps you could contact the manufacturer directly https://smat-farm.com
Also I'd like to ask if any of you have bought the 140W version and share how the light performs?

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights are not cheap chinese junk ..from CTlite... they make other lighting as well... for the price - THESE and noopsyche are a budget reefers best friend

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 60W version.But all three versions of this company should operate similarly, with only a difference in the number of channels.Since I plan on getting the 140W version, it operates similarly to the 60W version.
I don't know if it's because you have an older version of the light, but smatfarm's lights should have a dark phase after the moonlight phase.The dark phase should be completely lightless.Perhaps you could contact the manufacturer directly https://smat-farm.com
Also I'd like to ask if any of you have bought the 140W version and share how the light performs?
Yes maybe my light is old. I’m glad to hear they have updated it. I do not see any way of setting the moonlight to go off. I select mix for my setting mode and ttfn it lets me pick sunrise ramp up times and sunset ramp down times but that’s it. When I select moonlight it just lets me pick the spectrum. Might be worth it to just upgrade. Thanks for the info!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back