OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is still in process but is standing on it's own. Still a couple weeks out. It may be hard to judge size, but it is a 360!

Tank build in process photos:
RT 2.JPG
RT 1.JPG

Yes the silicone edges get cleaned up after this step in build process!

Pmez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a basement ? I wish we had them here in Cali. I’ve always wanted a peninsula tank but don’t have the right space layout in my house. Can’t wait to see this when it’s all done. I’ll be following along

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a basement ? I wish we had them here in Cali. I’ve always wanted a peninsula tank but don’t have the right space layout in my house. Can’t wait to see this when it’s all done. I’ll be following along

Yes, this is a basement. I grew up in Cali, so I feel your pain. I have been wanting a peninsula forever and can finally get it! Thank you for following.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started to roughly lay out the fish room. I still have a lot of electrical and plumbing to do for this room. Trying to determine general layout of the room before I run all the essential water lines and power. Some benefit to having everything else shut down. I can work on fish tank stuff.
Fish Room 8.JPG
Fish Room 7.JPG
Fish Room 6.JPG
Fish Room 4.JPG
Fish Room 3.JPG

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish room Friday night update:

Decided to put up some panels to sever as mounting areas for electronics and shelving... Then decided with so much water volume being in the basement, it was decided to put up FRP to protect the studs/walls.

A ton more work going on this weekend/week to get the fish room ready.
Fish Room 10.JPG
Fish Room 9.JPG

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More updates:
FRP walls are up. I wish I put studs around the entire room and just put FRP walls everywhere, but that can be done at a later time. Areas with close proximity to saltwater have been accounted for.
Electrical is 75% complete - Add electrical drops in two places for Washing machine, and water mixing station, outlets installed around the room. Need to install ceiling exhaust fan for humidity. Two separate circuits were ran to the fish room dedicated to fish tank equipment.
Plumbing is 75% complete - All copper piping complete. Almost all of the sewage lines are complete, need to add my manifold for waste water exits from the main tank ( will be above the sink were the stub out is). Shop sink installed, Washing machine required plumbing is installed, started installing the water mixing station ( forgot to add a valve to the top of it, which is easy to fix and will be complete today)

Still a ton of detail work to do: caulk everything, install RO system, install apex electrical, the list goes on and on.
Fish Room 16.JPG
Fish Room 15.JPG
Fish Room 14.JPG

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you doing all this yourself? Seems like a massive amount of work.

95% of it was done by the boss woman and I, with three weeks of help from her parents and two weeks of help from my uncle.

It has been a massive amount of work and that is what we do with our current free time, since there is nothing else to do!

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive! I like to do things myself too. Yes, very nice to have a project during these times.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish Room update: Slowly but surely continuing with building out the fish room. Waste water hook ups and water mixing station complete. Need to finish exhaust fan and then all the electrical will be complete. Have one 20Amp circuit dedicated for the tanks and equipment and one 20 amp dedicated to the fish room misc needs.

Tank update: Due to the snowy forecast in Denver this weekend, a one day delay in the tank stand assembly, and availability we have had to move the install to next Saturday. Patience is key in this hobby, luckily I have plenty of things to keep my mind busy for another week.
Fish Room 19.JPG
Fish Room 18.JPG
Fish Room 17.JPG
RT Stand 2.JPG
RT Stand 1.JPG
RT 9.JPG RT 8.JPG

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RO update: With the old RO unit being stored for about 9 months, come to find out post installation, the O rings no longer hold seal, but I have a pretty picture of what the RO setup will look like once the new parts come in. For those who are into the details ( the carbon blocks and sediment filters are flipped positions and will be installed normally once the new parts are in)
Fish Room 21.JPG
Fish Room 20.JPG

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great dimension. :D
I wonder if you can run the waste water into a storage container and gravity feed it into the laundry machine. Not sure if the washing machine needs to see a certain PSI though.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great dimension. :D
I wonder if you can run the waste water into a storage container and gravity feed it into the laundry machine. Not sure if the washing machine needs to see a certain PSI though.

Thank you.

hahaha it is a good thought. But I do not think this would work out as idealized. I am on board with conserving water waste though process though!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back