Snail ID

William Sharkspeare

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2026
Messages
84
Reaction score
107
Location
a tropic sea
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came from TBS rock. Don't see it on their list. @LiverockRocks

Bonus pics. Baby cerith? and?

PXL_20260618_152440412.jpg PXL_20260618_152541006.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg PXL_20260618_151521978.jpg PXL_20260618_151542378.jpg
 
Stramonita floridana would be my guess. The most common rock hiking snails we see are whelks (predatory).
 
I'm late, but Stramonita or relative is a solid guess (I feel like I seen a snail just like this before, but I can't remember where or what it was); regardless, it's definitely not a safe snail.

The critter in the last pic is most likely an anemone of some kind; the baby cerith I would need to have time to sit and compare against some other kinds of snails (such as Rissoid snails and Pyramid snails).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new