Snail proofing float sensors?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rjbesch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rjbesch

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
167
Reaction score
2
Location
hartsville, sc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some ideas to help snail proof my float sensors for my auto top-off. I have the JBJ auto top-off and use the sensors for that. Today I looked at my water line and realized it was higher than it should be and my auto top-off was still running. So I checked the sensor in the sump and there was a snail on the glass behind it causing the sensor to not be able to move up or down. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to help?


Thanks


Ricky
 
You can put it inside a piece of PVC like the below picture. I have a few and they work great.

DS05.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new