snails spawning - filling up tank

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2012
Messages
1,927
Reaction score
247
Location
chico, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed the skimmer running a bit extra last night - thought hmm. Woke up this morning and my cube was as cloudy as a Washington coastal day lol
Checked everything - couldnt figure it out. Than I remembered a friend that had a clam spawn in a 20g and had the same effect. So went back to inspecting and found 6 large snails still at it. Some spermy some eggs. There were thousands blowing around. Also made the tank a lil extra stinky this morning lol. Heres a video to give an idea.
snails spawning:
20150722_091713.jpg
20150722_091738.jpg
 
I have seen my stomi snails (lil almost shell-less ones) do this many times. Thought it cool this time as I have never seen my asterea snails do it. Or maybe just never caught it as they had always been in the big tank. Moved um to the cube a few days back for them to put in a bit of cleanup work, and im guessing with the smaller space provided it mustve just been A LOT more noticable :) Man it stinks in here today lol
 
well got home from work n all cleared up - tank also doesnt stink anymore lol it was bad this morning
20150722_151415.jpg
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new