Snails Turned Water in Acclimation Bag Cloudy

Thalasstronaut

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2023
Messages
164
Reaction score
147
Location
New England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is a new one. I bought some snails that I believed to be astrea. I’m currently floating them to acclimate, haven’t added any of my tank water yet. It’s been maybe 10 minutes and I come into my fish room and the fish water in the bag is almost opaque it’s so cloudy.

They were bagged up maybe 45 minutes ago at my LFS. Came right home and popped them in. Is this dangerous, either to the tank or snails? Should I add water and proceed with acclimating? Timely advice appreciated.

Edit: I just saw a poof of white shoot out of one of the snails. What on earth is that?
IMG_3284.jpeg
IMG_3286.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new