Snooty Wrasse (Cheilinus oxycephalus)

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,750
Reaction score
5,733
Location
Mount Morris Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very little info on these guys online. How do they do with smaller fish? Considering adding a 3" specimen with a group of red stoplight cardinals (full grown around 1.5"). Tank is a 65 gallon.
 
Nobody keeps these? I've seen them for sale periodically, including on Divers Den. Certainly someone on here has one/previously kept one?
 
Well I may be the first one here to get one. A tank breakdown has one coming my way
 
That's the problem. All kinds of links saying things about small fish, but how small? Like cardinalfish and damselfish sized? Or Trimma goby sized? Is it going to chew and shred smaller fish to pieces or just things it can pretty much swallow whole?

Anyone have any personal experience keeping this fish?
Generally when they say small, it’s around 1-2 inch fish. Often slim bodied fish like Stonogobiops gobies are on the menu as well.
 
So I finally got mine from a tank breakdown. I didn’t know it was gonna be a good size one. I’m gonna say 4-5 inches and fat. Very bashful , likes to hide. Today after 2 weeks I finally got to witness it swimming around. Doesn’t both anybody and I still have my shrimp. Pics were hard to take. I couldn’t get to close to the tank or it will have dived back into hiding. I’ll post whatever info I can to help anybody who is looking for one. So far so good
E7CFB99D-0139-48F9-B7F4-22BD23052C16.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new