Snowflake eels and crushed coral substrate?

SimplyVibing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
269
Reaction score
160
Location
NW Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m wanting to get a baby snowflake eel for my 75 gallon tank. It has a secure lid and I’m making caves for him. The only issue is that my substrate is about 50% crushed coral and 50% sand. I’ve read that crushed coral can get an eel stuck in the sand or be difficult to burrow in.

Will 50% coral be okay for the eel? I’m building up a DSB currently so it will be more sand later, but there is still a large amount of crushed coral. Would adding PVC pipes to create tunnels solve this issue?
 
They have a slow digestion system and if any accidentally ingested could cause an issue
You can remove some of the crushed with a coarse net, not fine and expect a cloudy mess temporarily
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new