So aggravated Brs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Seasidenj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought your rodi 4 stage plus 4 fittings leaking where you push the rodi line in.the lines are so tight I think that's the cause.How do I fix

OP
OP
S

Seasidenj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were put together by them there's no room to cut anymore off.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought your rodi 4 stage plus 4 fittings leaking where you push the rodi line in.the lines are so tight I think that's the cause.How do I fix

If leaking where you push RODI line in, remove the RODI line and try again.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were put together by them there's no room to cut anymore off.

Contact BRS. I bought my RODI unit from them several years ago and had trouble putting it together. They literally walked me through it on the phone. My guess is they will help you out.

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have some extra RO line lying around (or swing by a home depot and grab some extra)...it might be easier.

Either way...hopefully you get it resolved soon.

Dual40IM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have to cut the rodi line do not use scissors, this will crush the tubing making it out of round. Use a brand new razor blade with a hard smooth surface underneath. Wet the ends of the tubing before inserting into the fitting. Should not have any problems this way. Best of luck.

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure they're pushed in all the way. Sometimes you hit the gasket and it feels like it's fully inserted but it's not. Just needs a little extra mustard
+1, make sure it's pushed in all the way, you do have to push it in pretty hard for a good fitting. If it's not, it will definitely leak

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And make sure there's a little extra slack in the lines in they are curved to close to the connection it can cause a minor leak as well.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Seasidenj, sorry to hear about the leaky RO system. From your description of the issue, I'm guessing that the tube wasn't cut long enough to allow for each end to fully insert into the push connect fittings on each end. We never expect you to have to repair a brand new product, so if you'd like to return it and have us ship out a brand new, non-leaky RO system, we can certainly do that. That said, it's usually a pretty easy fix. If you have some extra tubing from the product, waste, or source water line, you can cut a new, slightly longer piece of tube using a new, sharp razor blade. This extra slack and a clean cut will likely solve your issue. If you need us to send you some extra tubing or want to send back the RO unit for a new one, give our customer service team a ring and we can help out right away.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Email: [email protected]
Chat

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Seasidenj, sorry to hear about the leaky RO system. From your description of the issue, I'm guessing that the tube wasn't cut long enough to allow for each end to fully insert into the push connect fittings on each end. We never expect you to have to repair a brand new product, so if you'd like to return it and have us ship out a brand new, non-leaky RO system, we can certainly do that. That said, it's usually a pretty easy fix. If you have some extra tubing from the product, waste, or source water line, you can cut a new, slightly longer piece of tube using a new, sharp razor blade. This extra slack and a clean cut will likely solve your issue. If you need us to send you some extra tubing or want to send back the RO unit for a new one, give our customer service team a ring and we can help out right away.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Email: [email protected]
Chat

Great customer service is one of the things I love about BRS!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back