So many baby trochus snails!!!

IME I dont do anything special to assure their survival and they all continue to grow to adult size. They even somehow find food to eat in my sump that doesnt even have a fuge.
Here’s a photo with my thumb for reference of how tiny the babies are that grow in my sump 48DF00F0-DB0A-4D09-BAFE-2F5A6D495222.jpeg
 
Ok I have them breeding as well. It may be getting out of hand. I would say I have hundreds now.
What did you do about having that many, I have 100s myself and need to get rid of alot I might see if my LFS will take them and give me credit for more fish/coral.
 
Just found one which turned into more and more different sized babies! We're so excited!
 

Attachments

  • 20240107_124310~2.jpg
    20240107_124310~2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 205
very cool! I just added five adults. hope I get babies eventually.
Were you able to get babies?
I got 7 today and will release them in once they're done acclimating.
I'm hoping they do reproduce.
 
IME I dont do anything special to assure their survival and they all continue to grow to adult size. They even somehow find food to eat in my sump that doesnt even have a fuge.
Here’s a photo with my thumb for reference of how tiny the babies are that grow in my sump 48DF00F0-DB0A-4D09-BAFE-2F5A6D495222.jpeg
Hard to tell how big is your thumb?
 
I keep only one trochus snail and today I saw like hundreds of small ones. Can someone explain? I have had it for 4 months now.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new