So what could Next New Neptune Systems product be?

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Terrance hinted at a new device in NSI right now that would be using a 24V DC Port. What on earth could it be?? What do you guys think??
I am going to take a guess and say an Auto Feeder that feeds frozen food???? .... :).

Let's make a dream list here of what we all think it may be? We'll see who guesses right in time...

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new light is in the cards possibly. There was something called a SkyLight mentioned last year. That would need a dedicated power brick though.

fishlover1478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unlikely but a calcium reactor would be amazing I've never used one or looked into it but I'm assuming that the amount of co2 that goes in effects the calcium and alkalinity coming out so if it could pair with the trident to adjust co2, and flow rate? that would be so cool

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think automaton. I don’t think it would be a skimmer, or calcium reactor. Product would make our lives easier.

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of mine have at one time been clogged. Debris and gook gets inside of them and has to be cleared. They easily come apart for cleaning, but that being said they still require maintenance. Not Neptune’s fault by any stretch.

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was as the research and development facility a few months back and snuck in a camera. This picture is a bit grainy, but you can clearly make out the new Neptune Aiptasia Automated Turret System (“ATS”). The ATS will use a new proprietary probe to spot aiptasia growths, after which a concentrated barrage of bulletized Kalk will eradicate the aiptasia, assuming the aiptasia does not sneak in above the canopy somehow. The matching Neptune helmet is for cleaning the ATS, in case of inadvertent probe recognition of your hand as possibly aiptasia.

Attachments

• 20FCB86D-A82D-4A4D-9C24-165757B4ED2A.jpeg
    20FCB86D-A82D-4A4D-9C24-165757B4ED2A.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 134
OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the sky will be some sort of Hybrid with LED and T5. From what they said the other day, they are focusing on total tank coverage, with deeper penetration down to the bottom of tank. Terrence’s tank did look to have a lot of white’s running.
If you look at the sky logo it’s a curved sunrise or sunset covering the whole land per say, (our tanks).

U

User1

View Badges
I think the sky will be some sort of Hybrid with LED and T5. From what they said the other day, they are focusing on total tank coverage, with deeper penetration down to the bottom of tank. Terrence’s tank did look to have a lot of white’s running.
If you look at the sky logo it’s a curved sunrise or sunset covering the whole land per say, (our tanks).

Terrence's tank uses the Gen 1 Philips LED's. They are more popular in EMEA which is why the spectrum. Since we are talking about SKY which was uncovered last year wrt the patent I was hoping they would snag the Philips Gen 2's. Sadly Coral Care got them (good that someone did though because they are a darn good design).

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrence's tank uses the Gen 1 Philips LED's. They are more popular in EMEA which is why the spectrum. Since we are talking about SKY which was uncovered last year wrt the patent I was hoping they would snag the Philips Gen 2's. Sadly Coral Care got them (good that someone did though because they are a darn good design).

They are 10% off for Black Friday and you can connect them to your Apex. Nothing to be sad about. :)

U

User1

View Badges
They are 10% off for Black Friday and you can connect them to your Apex. Nothing to be sad about. :)

I should have clarified - sad as it relates to my SKY comment. Not that you picked them up :) I'm really glad a reputable company did because they are an amazing light. I think it is an excellent fit.

As the sale goes - tempting. I think I need three though so probably not in the cards for me today. Really tempting though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sunday terrence said its something Huge but gave no hints !

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back