So who’s ordered the new Apex A3 Pro all ready?

NeptunePaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the great reception to our Neptune Systems launch today! I appreciate all of your comments here (well, most of them at least :grinning-face-with-sweat:).

The goal of the A3 Series is to make a more capable offering that is also more accessible to all aquarists. To achieve that, we added FMM ports and new water accessories. For all the #ControlFreaks out there, those same accessories can be used on your A2 Apex. Additionally, the controllable audible alarm will now be offered with the FMM modules you have right now.

So, if you have an A2 Apex and want to take advantage of the new water accessories, you can add on an FMM module or use your existing FMM ports. Or, you’re more than welcome to upgrade if you so choose!

With customer accessibility at the forefront of the A3 Series design, the A3 Apex Jr delivers on this promise. It’s something we haven’t offered before–it’s a monitoring only solution, and it opens the door to control and the broader Neptune Systems ecosystem when you’re ready.

As we alluded to in our livestream, we are always working on new ways to make aquarists successful. Who knows what will be next. We appreciate each and every one of our customers, and look forward to tomorrow!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's the case, the EB4 would have disappeared at the same time.

While they likely were trying to not cannibalize the higher offerings, there's also the very real fact that supply chain issues and labor have destroyed some items. If the EB832 was outselling the EB8 50:1 (made up numbers), I can see why they would cancel the one and put all remaining available parts that crossed over into the 832.

Different industry, but I'm in the swag business and for a while companies couldn't get the mesh for the back of the trucker hats. When they finally got some black mesh they had to decide do we use all this mesh on one color and meet that demand or mix it up on 5 different hats and meet demand for none?

kind of... but the EB8 was 8 outlets for less then 2 EB4's. They stopped the EB 8 not that long before this announcement, ya?

Regardless the EB8 will be missed for many reasons. It was reliable and less expensive then a EB32 and not as bulky.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eb8 has been unavailable or out f production for quite a long time now

Ah ok, my bad. I thought I saw some around not long ago but could have been leftovers.

It is too bad, they last forever! and an amazing price point.

I hope the EB4 stays.

The apex Jr and a EB4 have freshwater applications pretty sure.

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the great reception to our Neptune Systems launch today! I appreciate all of your comments here (well, most of them at least :grinning-face-with-sweat:).

The goal of the A3 Series is to make a more capable offering that is also more accessible to all aquarists. To achieve that, we added FMM ports and new water accessories. For all the #ControlFreaks out there, those same accessories can be used on your A2 Apex. Additionally, the controllable audible alarm will now be offered with the FMM modules you have right now.

So, if you have an A2 Apex and want to take advantage of the new water accessories, you can add on an FMM module or use your existing FMM ports. Or, you’re more than welcome to upgrade if you so choose!

With customer accessibility at the forefront of the A3 Series design, the A3 Apex Jr delivers on this promise. It’s something we haven’t offered before–it’s a monitoring only solution, and it opens the door to control and the broader Neptune Systems ecosystem when you’re ready.

As we alluded to in our livestream, we are always working on new ways to make aquarists successful. Who knows what will be next. We appreciate each and every one of our customers, and look forward to tomorrow!
I look forward to tomorrow if that’s when you announce a trident with no3 po4 in a package with a a3 pro head, at a decent price for classic owners to upgrade to!

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok, my bad. I thought I saw some around not long ago but could have been leftovers.

It is too bad, they last forever! and an amazing price point.

I hope the EB4 stays.

The apex Jr and a EB4 have freshwater applications pretty sure.
They were bulletproof for sure!

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
kind of... but the EB8 was 8 outlets for less then 2 EB4's. They stopped the EB 8 not that long before this announcement, ya?

Regardless the EB8 will be missed for many reasons. It was reliable and less expensive then a EB32 and not as bulky.

I love my EB8 but plan to send it to my buddy when he gets the Jr.

I'll roll the dice on the 832 since the guy who repairs all the Apex stuff (I forget his name) said that Neptune replaced the problem part with an upgraded part not too long ago. Should make them last much longer.

I've been quite the hater of the 832 because of its poor reviews all over.

The EB4 is all mechanical relays which is super nice!

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll roll the dice on the 832 since the guy who repairs all the Apex stuff (I forget his name) said that Neptune replaced the problem part with an upgraded part not too long ago. Should make them last much longer.

I also heard they worked the bugs out awhile back and it’s been failure free since. That’s good news for sure

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ya I need to send me broken EB32 to him, just haven’t had time to get to the post. He will put a better part in it. I got two EB8s doing the job just fine tho but seems like a waste to not repair it.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what’s the appeal on these controllers? I use Wi-Fi smart plugs on everything on my tank, and calcium reactor just keeps my tank Alk at 9.2 99% of the time. Just curious on what I’m missing, I definitely like tank gadgets and what not just haven’t figured out why I would need one
When I see posts like this it really shows the difference in controller philosophy. I don't want a controller. I want a security system. no matter how many WiFi outlets, lights or pumps I have they can't measure Temperature, pH, ORP, and Leaks and then do something about it. I don't care about phone control or an app I just want to know that if a heater fails my tank won't die. If a pipe bursts my return pump will turn off. If my doser sticks on it won't nuke the tank.

Some people just want a fun app and dashboard but others like myself want something to keep their reef safe. this is where a lot of the criticism over hardware build quality comes in. I really really want to know that the outlets are going to turn on and off when they are supposed to every single time. I want to know that if I splash water on my controller it won't turn everything on and off randomly. I prefer wired connections over WiFi because it is the most reliable.

The biggest disappointment to me is that there is no hardware improvement to non-base unit modules. Energy bars, DOS, ATK, WAV, SKY could all use hardware improvements for better reliability.

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I need to send me broken EB32 to him, just haven’t had time to get to the post. He will put a better part in it. I got two EB8s doing the job just fine tho but seems like a waste to not repair it.
It’s too big to use as a paperweight! Don’t think it costs that much either

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the lineup is really great especially for newcomers, a very clear good-better-best with regards to integration, and btw feel free to add modules down the road. Some FMM ports as standard on -better and -best is GREAT value, IMO. Leak sensors on my FMM have saved me on more than one occasion. Hope other pieces in the eco-system get updates and like others very VERY much looking forward to more integration with sister brands *cough*Radions*cough*cough

Congrats to Neptune on 25 years, it's a great milestone.

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I see posts like this it really shows the difference in controller philosophy. I don't want a controller. I want a security system. no matter how many WiFi outlets, lights or pumps I have they can't measure Temperature, pH, ORP, and Leaks and then do something about it. I don't care about phone control or an app I just want to know that if a heater fails my tank won't die. If a pipe bursts my return pump will turn off. If my doser sticks on it won't nuke the tank.

Some people just want a fun app and dashboard but others like myself want something to keep their reef safe. this is where a lot of the criticism over hardware build quality comes in. I really really want to know that the outlets are going to turn on and off when they are supposed to every single time. I want to know that if I splash water on my controller it won't turn everything on and off randomly. I prefer wired connections over WiFi because it is the most reliable.

The biggest disappointment to me is that there is no hardware improvement to non-base unit modules. Energy bars, DOS, ATK, WAV, SKY could all use hardware improvements for better reliability.
I’m pretty sure the wav will be replaced by the mp here pretty soon. Why pay sicce to make pumps when you make them in house under a different brand. Especially when they only last two years. The dos, I don’t know. It’s bullet proof if you don’t get it wet. It’s freakin loud, and much larger than it needs to be. I’m curious if they replace it with versa. Sky’s too, maybe ditched for radions. I can’t see making duplicate, competing products across the board for eternity. The atk, I don’t have experience with, but I have many of the optical sensors for other things and they’ve been flawless.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I do appreciate the controllable audible alarm now offered for the FMM modules. This will basicly free up a 24v port while providing the same type of function without needing to add anything extra. Good job.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oye vey! Wish I would of bought more eb8s's

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do appreciate the controllable audible alarm now offered for the FMM modules. This will basicly free up a 24v port while providing the same type of function without needing to add anything extra. Good job.
Hmmm….my classic display has an audible alarm, and I get to chose from some phenomenal tones…haha Funny thing is I despise the alarm, and so do my dogs! It does come in handy for those absolute emergency only conditions as when the Webernet is down, and I’m home to hear it, it’s nice to have! I do like having a display in the cabinet.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm….my classic display has an audible alarm, and I get to chose from some phenomenal tones…haha Funny thing is I despise the alarm, and so do my dogs! It does come in handy for those absolute emergency only conditions as when the Webernet is down, and I’m home to hear it, it’s nice to have! I do like having a display in the cabinet.
True, the display will offer that function. Opening up the fmm for this feature is nice. A bit late to the party but it is nice to have this feature without the need to purchase a display module.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back