Soft Coral Qt Question

CoralChaos

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
400
Reaction score
233
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have a frag rack running where I qt corals, new coral always comes in and out of that tank. I have a few mushrooms in a little plastic bin floating in the frag without a base, they're just attached to the bin. Would I have to qt corals that don't have a hard base like rock or and LPS base? Can parasites attach to the soft coral tissue? Can parasites also attach to branch's of sps? Would I be okay snipping the plug off and transferring into my dt?
 
I have had aiptasia attach to a toadstool
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new