soft plumbing Vecta M1

josh.j.avila

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
362
Reaction score
88
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just realized my pump is at my new house. I want to pick up everything I need to get this working when I arrive tomorrow. I think I need to use PVC into the vecta and then a spigot to soft tubing. My question is what size PVC do I use, is the vecta threaded? So I need to get a threaded end and cement that to the PVC and then cement a barb spigot to the other end? Since I don't have it with me any help would be greatly apperciated. My return is 0.75
 
Buy the pvc adapters from EcoTech marines website. The Vectra uses British thread and it's likely the easiest and cheapest way to source these fittings, as they retail for about $10 or so on the ETM website.
 
So I just realized my pump is at my new house. I want to pick up everything I need to get this working when I arrive tomorrow. I think I need to use PVC into the vecta and then a spigot to soft tubing. My question is what size PVC do I use, is the vecta threaded? So I need to get a threaded end and cement that to the PVC and then cement a barb spigot to the other end? Since I don't have it with me any help would be greatly apperciated. My return is 0.75


The threads on the Vectra are not standard threads. They are called BST and you won't find any fittings at normal box stores.
Like fredro said, the adapters can be bought on EcoTech's website.

I've read where some have forced standard fittings on the pump, but I wouldn't trust it.
Plus, you are paying a ton for these pumps, why not use the proper fittings on them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new