Votes: 67 60.4%

• Total voters

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The past 5 Months, my tank has gone through a crazy rollercoaster. First let me start from the beginning. My first tank was bought at my local petsmart, a 65g tank.

At first i wanted to make a really cool planted tank, but with a couple of youtube videos and researching on R2R, I now have a little piece of the ocean!

My equipment list:
Tank:

Aqueon 65g Tank & Stand
Filtration & Sump Area:
Trigger System Crystal Sump 30
EShopps PF-300 Overflow
Innovative Marine Ghost Skimmer Full Size
Reef Octopus Varios-2 Controllable DC Pump
BRS Carbon and GFO Dual Reactor
Lighting:
Two AquaMars 150W LED's
Kessil H80 Fuge Light
Heater:
Eheim Jager 300w
Powerheads:
Jebao RW-8
Jebao CP-120
Dosing Pump: (which i will never use again)
Jebao DP-4

A couple weeks ago, this is what my tank looked like, I had started reviving some coral that i saw were dying and got at a discounted price of "Free.99".

IMG_0102.jpeg

After my dosing pump has malfunctioned, causing my tank to go over 900+ calcium everything mostly died by the time i had gotten home.

This is what was left, and am currently trying to revive.

56817533379__510EF2BF-E87D-426A-AA9F-E39EDAEE3061.jpg

I began to lose faith in the hobby, but after snapping out of it and watching a bunch of reef videos, i had come across MikeC Softie Reef Tank. With the help of a couple of fellow R2R members, i am now inspired to not give up.

I posted on the Wanted to buy section for some softies, and well a guy who was only 40 mins away had some softies he was willing to sell.

I had driven up to the location of this guy and bought myself what i think will now be my main focus. Here is my tank today after buying some softies.

IMG_0293.jpeg
IMG_0299.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg
IMG_0302.jpeg

IMG_0102.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Love the Butterflies! It must affect coral choices though correct?
Sadly it does, however most my butterflies dont attack the leathers polyps, but if i were to add a frogspawn, which i did last week, it will get devoured. As for all other softies, im not sure yet, they picked at my xenia a little bit and in order for me to reduce the risk of the completely killing the xenia i have to feed twice to three times a day.

So far the threadfin is the only one who picks at anything, the CB is very relaxed and picks at rocks or eats mysis. Ive gotten the threadfin to ignore the torch, so ill most likely have to do the same with the xenia.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back