Solenoid for co2 scrubber

punchy7080

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2021
Messages
430
Reaction score
180
Location
Zionsville, IN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the attached 24v solenoid off Amazon. When I connect it to the apex eb832, I can feel the jolt of power but the valve doesn’t open. First time I hooked it all up it didn’t open but got very hot. Is there a reason this solenoid might not work? Thanks!

0EBAE226-CE7D-4D6B-BCDF-9C9FB332AA29.jpeg
 
im not familiar with apex but run 24 volt solar on my rv, most get cheap 24v stuff from amazon and dont have issues, maybe its a dud... do you have a voltmeter , check the 832 to make sure its pushing out 24 volts. lso check for open circuit on the selanoid but if its in one position thats not gonna help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new