OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have they been there? IMO stay away from dusters unless you plan to feed phyto to a green tinge. I do, and they have thrived, but most do not, it's a fanciful thing for some to purchase them, and then watch them die. They don't eat detritus or anything like that. Tank here is 25 + years. Listen to @Isopod80
ive seen the same one in that tank for at least 2 years now. Always has a nice red and white colour

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well
ive seen the same one in that tank for at least 2 years now. Always has a nice red and white colour

Well geez....this is something if it's in a 'for sale tank' as opposed to their display? If its in their for sale I gotta say I'm shocked....wouldn't be the first time though....

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also depends on what else they feed the tank and how often. Dusters will also feed on the fine particulate from meaty frozen foods like mysis, etc. The issue with filter feeders in small newer tanks is that the amount of food they require can quickly foul the system if it isn't properly exported.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you Sharkbait need one! A sea Cuc! Don't believe the hype. Depending on species they are all good usually. Such workhorses. Mine a Tiger Tail typically pretty good in terms of toxins. ...15 years strong. Do I worry, well ya a tiny bit, bit well worth the small amount of worry.....
In saying that, they have no place in a smaller tank....
About that…it’s a fluval 13.5…
It so much as gets annoyed and the whole tank is dead!
If I had a much larger tank I’d seriously consider one though!

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of sexy shrimp (WocKesha and moneybag yo) and absolutely love them. They take up no room in my 13.5 and its fun watching them jump between my rockflower and Bali mini-carpets.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been well behaved. It’s a tiger. Drags hermits or snails under occasionally, but they get back out. Got along with my emerald well enough. Haven’t seen him with a cleaner shrimp though. He also has been spotted eating bristleworms.
I have a tiger pistol and until now only scares my cleaner shrimp away when he gets close. It’s cool watching my watchman and pistol do their thang.

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never see anyone talk about keeping gooseneck barnacles. So naturally, I think they’re awesome.
I have about 20 gooseneck barnacles in my tank currently. I just got done feeding them. Lol
1634787529135868075000.jpg

Last edited:

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, do you have to keep them isolated or are they easy to manage?
Very easy. The goosenecks don't spread and will feed on larger foods like mysis. I target feed them daily along with my sun coral. They also filter reef roids and other typical foods.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back