Some good small inverts for a 13g

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The variety I have are pelagic. They go through several larval stages before settling. The chances of that being successful in the tank is minimal.
Ahh yeah, that didn’t occur to me. Didn’t even stop to think about how they actually reproduce. Just see images of thousands of them and get nervous! Thanks, maybe I’ll get a few at some point then.

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love bumblebee snails but my LFS said they might eat and attack coral and vermid snails. I can meet the requirements for the harlequin shrimp but I'm not going to go to my lfs to clean their tanks

They won't go for coral. And if they did go for vermatids, then good lol

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sexy shrimp need anemones imo. I sold my nem
Mine congregate on the rock flower anemones in my Evo, and leave all my other corals alone.

Also worthwhile: tuxedo urchins. I find other urchins just get too large for a build this size.

Why don't you consider a temperate nano build? You could then try a few local tidepool species. The CSXC-1 chiller isn't terribly expensive, and I think it's feasible to keep the tank at 16-17C if ambient temperature is kept at or near 20C.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I see your mini carpets?
Here ya go, it has split 2 times since I bought it almost a year ago. And one with wockesha on the rockflower! 1EFBF933-7E7E-448C-BA52-4B7AD85551AC.jpeg 571EB6D3-5A1B-4BFC-A066-FE80FDB8BCA0.jpeg

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine congregate on the rock flower anemones in my Evo, and leave all my other corals alone.

Also worthwhile: tuxedo urchins. I find other urchins just get too large for a build this size.

Why don't you consider a temperate nano build? You could then try a few local tidepool species. The CSXC-1 chiller isn't terribly expensive, and I think it's feasible to keep the tank at 16-17C if ambient temperature is kept at or near 20C.
i had one Long time ago that i took care of like when i was 5. had some shore crabs, kelp, a green sea urchin, and some pricklebacks but i Like coral

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you fit them in your evo?
they can get fairly big, but not big enough to cause a problem usually, (7-8in max is what ive heard in good conditions) they don't move much, so place it in an area you think it will like and it should likey stay put if something doesn't really stress it. (still give it a bit to see if it moves before putting in anything that cannot). im putting one in my 15 gal

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they can get fairly big, but not big enough to cause a problem usually, (7-8in max is what ive heard in good conditions) they don't move much, so place it in an area you think it will like and it should likey stay put if something doesn't really stress it. (still give it a bit to see if it moves before putting in anything that cannot). im putting one in my 15 gal
I do want a center peice but ill hold off on that. Maybe ill get an acantho but i know that im getting a rainbow tracy. Can i see your whole tank?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back