OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried the receipt 3 days. Coral gets crazy polyps extensions and seems to like. But bad algua and bad bacteria also, got stn and needed to cut a few colonnies :-(
Maybe it is because I already dose all for reef and bacto balance? Maybe to much carbon is not good for some corals. Some seems happy, but tenuis and millepora, deep acro got stn
how much did you dose? This sounds like an overdose

Subscribed!

I just watched your interview with Frag Garage this morning. Super interesting ideas and concept! One thing, I think I saw you write on here maybe, you like to keep the bacteria growth from carbon dosing outside of the reef tank, hence the concoction. Is that mainly just to provide this surge of nutrients and feeding or do you find negative effects from carbon dosing inside the tank you try and avoid? (If this whole idea is a misquote on my part, I apologize.)
That was the original premise. I believe in targeted carbon supplementation. I wanted to able to influence the microbiome, if the system has pathogens I want to introduce a surge of probiotics to outcompete them.

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool thanks for the video, I didn’t see how much of everything you are using to make the recipe. Am I just adding reef roids , bacteria and so on to the recipe at a non specific amount and come up with our own formula?

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool thanks for the video, I didn’t see how much of everything you are using to make the recipe. Am I just adding reef roids , bacteria and so on to the recipe at a non specific amount and come up with our own formula?
There is no set recipe yet, I am still iterating through different formulations and techniques to find an optimal formula. Also, this will also rely on one's own best judgement and understanding of their system density and requirements.
I also wouldn't want to tell anyone to go out and spend hundreds on supplements. Take the information in slowly, process it, do research on the topic and create a exhaustive game plan to execute.

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much did you dose? This sounds like an overdose

That was the original premise. I believe in targeted carbon supplementation. I wanted to able to influence the microbiome, if the system has pathogens I want to introduce a surge of probiotics to outcompete them.
not a lot I was cautious, just 40 ml from the mix
Which probiotic you use?

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not a lot I was cautious, just 40 ml from the mix
Which probiotic you use?
Did you happen to use zeobak or other brands? I am thinking of sticking to that one as it was the only one when I looked under the microscope it had active motile bacteria (possibly mixed with sporulated). It's different. I have AF Pro Bio S that should hopefully get delivered today. By their dosing instructions I am hoping it to be different. Also Coral Reeftank mentioned that when using zeobak and pr bio s specifically they noticed a reduction in STN.

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I wanna know where these big bottles of min S are coming from. Largest size I seem to find is 250 mL. Any leads ?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the receipt 3 days. Coral gets crazy polyps extensions and seems to like. But bad algua and bad bacteria also, got stn and needed to cut a few colonnies :-(
Maybe it is because I already dose all for reef and bacto balance? Maybe to much carbon is not good for some corals. Some seems happy, but tenuis and millepora, deep acro got stn
I dose bacto balance daily 8ml and 80ml of all for reef on top of a very similar concoction to crt’s and have seen nothing but positive results!

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more microscope videos. I was mistaken in a comment I made previously as there are live bacteria in many of these brands, I was just not looking hard enough. Many had few and far between but they are there. Don't judge my Amazon microscope skills :grinning-face-with-sweat:. In my unprofessional opinion Aquaforest Pro Bio S seems to have the most diverse active bacteria of them all.

Curiousbranching

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I don't know your standards for coral growth, color, and PE, I'll leave the photo here so you can judge for yourself.
Sorry Allan for posting pictures in your topic

Attachments

• B8362BCB-8D5B-4555-84E0-C570857CFCFA.jpeg
    B8362BCB-8D5B-4555-84E0-C570857CFCFA.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 170
OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Because I don't know your standards for coral growth, color, and PE, I'll leave the photo here so you can judge for yourself.
Sorry Allan for posting pictures in your topic
That is very impressive in that timeframe! I see similar results in my trials as well

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you happen to use zeobak or other brands? I am thinking of sticking to that one as it was the only one when I looked under the microscope it had active motile bacteria (possibly mixed with sporulated). It's different. I have AF Pro Bio S that should hopefully get delivered today. By their dosing instructions I am hoping it to be different. Also Coral Reeftank mentioned that when using zeobak and pr bio s specifically they noticed a reduction in STN.
yes I used zeobak and the other bacteria from zeo,also the biodigest

pfoxgrover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this cover all the bases for a first attempt? This is what I had on hand and just acquired the Zeozym. I haven't read this entire thread but did watch some of the videos. If I wanted to make 2 feedings worth would I use the dose recommended on the bottles for my tank volume x 2 let it cook?
Thanks in advance.
-Paul
20240309_154923.jpg

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this cover all the bases for a first attempt? This is what I had on hand and just acquired the Zeozym. I haven't read this entire thread but did watch some of the videos. If I wanted to make 2 feedings worth would I use the dose recommended on the bottles for my tank volume x 2 let it cook?
Thanks in advance.
-Paul
20240309_154923.jpg

Looks to be right. Don't forget some amino acids like reef energy, aquavitro fuel, or brightwell restor. Also some calcium carbonate probably helps to deliver the bacteria more easily? 300-500ml of new saltwater should do it along with the recommended daily dose of each product to your tank volume.

Let us know if you experience improvements to that sandbed :oops:

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks in advance.
-Paul
20240309_154923.jpg
Cool looking tank, love the dimensions looks like a cube?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back