_DSC2982.JPG

_DSC2983.JPG

reefslugs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the G5 blues, did you tweak any of the settings? Also what do you have the intensity set at?

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some Colony Shots

_DSC3026-2.JPG

TGC Juggernaut

_DSC3052-2.JPG

CRT Pinky Binky, reminiscent of my old RR CA CJ Pinky but instead develops a pastel pink instead of maroon

_DSC3070.JPG

RR Man in the Yellow Hat, one of my favorites!

_DSC3074-2.JPG

TGC Cerberus, this thing gets stoopid hairy. Definitely one of the main attractions

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are coming up on 7 continuous years now with this jaw-dropping thread. I will admit that I've not been through all of the interim years but given the quality of eye-candy, I might eventually. That would leave the middle 5 years to pound through.

I learn more from the nearly inevitable "hiccups" of others. Were there hiccups in the period 2016 to 2020 that are documented here or has it been Teletubby goodness the whole time?

Over a similar time frame, I've had my share of coral & fish pests, mechanical issues, nutrient volatility, chemistry management errors and the list goes on. Never had to reboot (knock on wood) but enough to change my thinking & protocol a few times.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are coming up on 7 continuous years now with this jaw-dropping thread. I will admit that I've not been through all of the interim years but given the quality of eye-candy, I might eventually. That would leave the middle 5 years to pound through.

I learn more from the nearly inevitable "hiccups" of others. Were there hiccups in the period 2016 to 2020 that are documented here or has it been Teletubby goodness the whole time?

Over a similar time frame, I've had my share of coral & fish pests, mechanical issues, nutrient volatility, chemistry management errors and the list goes on. Never had to reboot (knock on wood) but enough to change my thinking & protocol a few times.
Wow, kind of crazy to put that in perspective. I was only 13 when I started this thread.

Well, throughout this entire thread there have been a few major catastrophes. During 2017 I had a devastating power outage when I went on vacation. Due to my neighbor's negligence and ComEd giving me a grossly underestimated repair time I lost about 90% of all my coral and fish. This was entire chaos if you could imagine hundreds of fish and countless corals lost. I cut my vacation short and headed back the next day, however, when I came back I was only greeted by the stench of death and tanks filled with decomposing corals and fish.
This was by far the worst experience in this hobby. I almost gave up there, but something kept me going.
Since 2017 I have not had any setbacks as major as that, just a few minor hiccups that everyone experiences but nothing like losing a decade's worth of work overnight.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, kind of crazy to put that in perspective. I was only 13 when I started this thread.

Well, throughout this entire thread there have been a few major catastrophes. During 2017 I had a devastating power outage when I went on vacation. Due to my neighbor's negligence and ComEd giving me a grossly underestimated repair time I lost about 90% of all my coral and fish. This was entire chaos if you could imagine hundreds of fish and countless corals lost. I cut my vacation short and headed back the next day, however, when I came back I was only greeted by the stench of death and tanks filled with decomposing corals and fish.
This was by far the worst experience in this hobby. I almost gave up there, but something kept me going.
Since 2017 I have not had any setbacks as major as that, just a few minor hiccups that everyone experiences but nothing like losing a decade's worth of work overnight.
Ouch. Yeah, I know that smell of dead acropora. Nothing worse. Well okay, a dead turbo is worse but easier to replace. We lose power all the time so have standby power that has been very reliable to date (knock on wood).

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some fire for tonight

_DSC3109.JPG

CRT Delight, my little back up colony lookin delighted

_DSC3111.JPG

CRT Hang Over, been holding onto this one for about 2 years now and it's proven itself well

_DSC3115.JPG

CRT Big Red, finally encrusted over the tile!

_DSC3117-2.JPG

CRT Fireball, intensely hot

_DSC3124-2.JPG

TGC Disturbia

_DSC3127-2.JPG

TGC Sour Skittlez, the multicolor polyps on this one really pop

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone still have the original RR Ca Avengers?? I’ve been looking for that piece for ages now, hmu if you have one!

In the meantime here are sum Tenuiseseses
_DSC3208.JPG

Been cookin this one for a bit now and it's startin to show some potential!

_DSC3119-2.JPG

CRT Trump Card, been a super slow grower since it got nipped

_DSC3122-2.JPG

CRT Metaphase, actually seems to be in the the phase of metaphase as it doesnt wanna hurry up and grow lol

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Growth has been off the charts! That can only mean...

_DSC3315-2.JPG

TGC Count of Monti Cristo and a lil lightning maroon

_DSC3358-2.JPG

TGC Sour Skittlez

_DSC3350.JPG

CRT Fireball and Co. This thing is the most gnarly red/magenta acro I've ever kept!

_DSC3352.JPG

CRT Monstro n pals

_DSC3374-2.JPG

_DSC3366-2.JPG

CRT Delight, not the best pics but the rear angle of the colony is absolutely mesmerizing

_DSC3322-2.JPG

CRT Flashpoint, this thing is the color of a costco microfiber cloth (the yellow ones). A true yellow acro in my book

_DSC3388-2.JPG

Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!

I use to be a big acan fiend, and when I saw this morph something deep inside spoke to me.
This pic was taken shortly after I placed it, it's insane when it's puffy

_DSC3313-2.JPG _DSC3321.JPG _DSC3333.JPG

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Growth has been off the charts! That can only mean...

_DSC3315-2.JPG

TGC Count of Monti Cristo and a lil lightning maroon

_DSC3358-2.JPG

TGC Sour Skittlez

_DSC3350.JPG

CRT Fireball and Co. This thing is the most gnarly red/magenta acro I've ever kept!

_DSC3352.JPG

CRT Monstro n pals

_DSC3374-2.JPG

_DSC3366-2.JPG

CRT Delight, not the best pics but the rear angle of the colony is absolutely mesmerizing

_DSC3322-2.JPG

CRT Flashpoint, this thing is the color of a costco microfiber cloth (the yellow ones). A true yellow acro in my book

_DSC3388-2.JPG

Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!Impulse Buy!

I use to be a big acan fiend, and when I saw this morph something deep inside spoke to me.
This pic was taken shortly after I placed it, it's insane when it's puffy

_DSC3313-2.JPG _DSC3321.JPG _DSC3333.JPG
Absolutely stunning!!

Gabaghoul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Are those MP40's or 60's? Seems like those corals close to the powerheads would have their skin ripped from the bone. How do you have them set? ReefCrest? 100%? And are those all the flow you have - just the 2 heads plus the circulation pump?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%

Back