Something is killing my corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter sandfan85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sandfan85

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2019
Messages
81
Reaction score
22
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused as to what’s going on with my mixed reef I’ve recently been losing several corals including some acro’s, ceptastria and and now some zoas. All my parameters are in check and have been consistent. The only thing I’ve recently changed would be my salt. A couple months ago, I switched from Reef Crystals to Tropic Marin Pro. The reason for switching was to get my dkh around 8.0 Not sure if it’s the salt or not. I will add thatrecently got a frag online and now I’m infested with vermitid snails. I have so fricken many, I can’t get rid of them all. Whenever I feed my coral there are spider webs everywhere. I sent out an ICP test and it came back fine too (iodine low). Everything else was in range. Here are the basics of my system. I’m also starting to get white spots all over my live rock. Not sure if it’s calcium precipitation or ??

120 tank 20 gal sump
13 months old
Radion XR15’s with T5 hybrid fixture
Cal Reactor
Dkh 8.0 - 8.2
PO4 .03
NO3 5
Calcium 430
Mag 1300
Salinity 34.5 - 35.5 fluctuates throughout the day
ph 8.26

Any thoughts would be appreciated
 
iPhone camera

EA741243-33F9-4A91-A29C-9D327AAA2AAC.jpeg 280622D5-4E18-44C2-BC1D-CC4ED7C78B62.jpeg 7D5F6817-A567-433A-B4FD-E27961F3836B.jpeg D85C2A69-F791-4AF6-B9D5-C3D358947669.jpeg
 
I’ve had vermatid snails irritate some Sps and others have just grown right over them. My bet is either your corals are starving from not enough light, fish poop or both.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new