Something is wrong with new acan

Aquanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new acan colony with a shipment 2 days ago. The other coral and fish from the shipment are doing well and all the other coral in the tank are also doing well. Parameters for the tank are within range with nitrate being 5 and phosphate being .03. Last night the mucus (which I assumed was from stress moving) covered most of the polyps. Before last night it only covered one or two polyps.

image.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nitrate and phosphate levels are a lot higher than you are measuring given your rocks look almost completely covered in hair or turf algae.

OP
OP
A

Aquanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nitrate and phosphate levels are a lot higher than you are measuring given your rocks look almost completely covered in hair or turf algae.
I've been battling an algae out break recently where it took everything down to 0 and now its back to where it needs to be, but in that time my rocks got covered in algae. It's starting to slowly go away. i don't believe my nitrates and phosphates are the source of the problem considering this is the only coral acting up.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking the one in the middle of your pic that looks receded with skeleton showing?

What are your full parameters and a full tank shot is always helpful.

OP
OP
A

Aquanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking the one in the middle of your pic that looks receded with skeleton showing?

What are your full parameters and a full tank shot is always helpful.
Salinity- 1.025
Alk-8.1
Ph- 7.8
Calcium-420
Magnesium-1400
Nitrate- 3
Phosphate- .03

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 21

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing jumps out at me other than the excessive algae. How is the flow in that area? Is it getting hit pretty good? I'd probably move it down to the bottom of the tank for a bit and consider an iodine dip but not really sure. Did it look ok when it arrived?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back