Sooo what in the world is this !

sharkbait-uhaha

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2020
Messages
143
Reaction score
91
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always noticed small fine red hair sticking out of my sand every now and then , especially when lights out . But today I was doing some sand bed vacuuming and notice something move in the sand bed and i ended up sucking it up. After I was done with the task, I went back and looked in the bucket and noticed this weird looking thing moving inside . Looks like some crazy parasite that could somehow go inside you and end up controlling you in one way or another lol

Attached is the best pic I could get of the thing .

97254230-9D35-4049-97B9-CFB3D4CEDA7C.jpeg
 
Idk what it is dude kinda reminds me of an anemone. But I would keep it haha.
 
I would not keep that, whatever it is, haha.
 
I’ve always noticed small fine red hair sticking out of my sand every now and then , especially when lights out . But today I was doing some sand bed vacuuming and notice something move in the sand bed and i ended up sucking it up. After I was done with the task, I went back and looked in the bucket and noticed this weird looking thing moving inside . Looks like some crazy parasite that could somehow go inside you and end up controlling you in one way or another lol

Attached is the best pic I could get of the thing .

97254230-9D35-4049-97B9-CFB3D4CEDA7C.jpeg
Spaghetti or Hair Worm:
Looks like either a hair worm (Cirratulidae) or a spaghetti worm (Terebellide) to me - if the tentacles all come out from a single point, it’s a spaghetti worm; if they come out from basically all over the body it’s a hair worm.
 
I’ve always noticed small fine red hair sticking out of my sand every now and then , especially when lights out . But today I was doing some sand bed vacuuming and notice something move in the sand bed and i ended up sucking it up. After I was done with the task, I went back and looked in the bucket and noticed this weird looking thing moving inside . Looks like some crazy parasite that could somehow go inside you and end up controlling you in one way or another lol

Attached is the best pic I could get of the thing .

97254230-9D35-4049-97B9-CFB3D4CEDA7C.jpeg
Possible spaghetti but get it in a container for positive id of its strands especially if moving. If spaghetti, safe and eats detritus and uneaten food
 
Possible spaghetti but get it in a container for positive id of its strands especially if moving. If spaghetti, safe and eats detritus and uneaten food

looks to be spaghetti, I have him in the bucket or dirty water from water change still.
just creepy looking lol
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new