Spectacular New Paly Hitting the Scene

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my initial and unhesitating response when I saw these. They might be subtly different, but I wouldn't think it would be enough of a difference to be worth having both, unless you're the sort of person that just have to have them all to have them. :bigsmile::wink:

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, these look just like my strawberry wines under bluer and less lighting :( Bummer....shoulda contacted Tyree I guess...

Well, there you have it. Still an awesome paly though.

YankeePate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So please enlighten us... how do you take an already named polyp of "Strawberry Wines" and claim to have the next "Ultra rare Limited Edition Give me all your money" polyp?
Please tell me how this works so I can go rename the ones in my tank.

YankeePate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure I know I can call them anything I want. My point is do I then go around claiming to have some ultra rare LE new morph when they are not?

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So please enlighten us... how do you take an already named polyp of "Strawberry Wines" and claim to have the next "Ultra rare Limited Edition Give me all your money" polyp?
Please tell me how this works so I can go rename the ones in my tank.

Sure I know I can call them anything I want. My point is do I then go around claiming to have some ultra rare LE new morph when they are not?

Easy there fellow; I'm the one that started the thread, so please allow me to respond. First of all, no where in the thread did I claim to have some Ultra rare Limited Edition Give me all you money" polyp. There is not a single post by me, asking anyone for money or stating that I have any for sale. Nor did I attempt to sale any to anyone who contacted me by PM. As I clearly state, I have one period. All I said is that I have a spectacular new paly that is coming on the scene.

Little on the back story here - I had Josh's story of how he cut a single polyp off of a transhipped frag, and has sold three polyps and given one to Tyree. I've posted pictures of this polyp not only on this forum, but on other sites as well, and nobody previously IDed the polyp. I'd also talked to two other very knowledgable z&p people about this paly and nobody had seen one like it. How we gonna know if its the same as another polyp unless we post up a picture to see? Once people started IDing this as Strawberry Wines, I actually PMed Chelsey and asked her to check the thread and see if she agreed that this was the same as her Strawberry Wines, and she and I actually had a very nice PM discussion about the polyp.

As for Tyree and what he may or may not do with it - that is up to him, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that Tyree renamed a polyp and slapped the LE label on it. As for me, I was simply posted up a picture of a very nice paly that I recently aquired. Perhaps I should have done a full blow ID this paly thread, rather than a "check this out thread," but given the group here on R2R, I frankly didn't see the need.

I see that you are fairly new to R2R, and I don't know what you are used to in terms of forum style, but here a R2R we are a pretty laid back mature group of indivuals who are able to talk about things in that same manner. Always nice to see new members joining us, I hope that you'll be able to fit into our community.

Murphs205

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
easy there yankee pate ...no need for all of that here on R2R. many different opinions on this subject.
there is a thread for that here on R2R for your comments on the subject of coral names and such .
But this one is not for that subject

Gonzo

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL

I love all the critics but reality is love it or hate it is a SWEET polyp, and you don't have to buy it if you don't like it.

I know this is not a strawberry wine, it don't look like any of the pics on coralpedia . The pic on SE-CFM that tyree took is a killer pic and also looks nothing like the pics on coralpedia.

I did in fact get this polyp in a shipment, there was a 2 polyps the on a rock of fire and ice type zoas so I cut them out.

As for the price I have never posted one or quoted one and am not sure what to do yet, but I will promise it will be reasonable.

Josh

hunnicuttz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am the one that won the Space Monster polyp at the auction in Orlando. I also have Strawberry Wines and can tell you that they are VERY different. I will take a picture of both so that you can see the differences. The Space Monster is Amazing in person and I drove 7 hours each way to get it and I dont regret it at all. If anyone on here is in the NW FL area you are more then welcome to come by and check it out for yourself.

Here is a picture of my polyp that they used for the auction. I will take some pics of it in my tank next to my strawberry wines in the next few days.
SpaceMonster.jpg

Last edited:

ddwbeagles

Northern VA Novice Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice indeed. Can't wait to see your pics and to see how the color held up. Certainly something worth adding to anyone's collection. Hoping they are hardy and reproduce well.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool - looking forward to the pictures. I've also got some Strawberry Wines coming in this week from Chelsie, so I'll be posting up some comparison shots as well - course I'll have to give the SW time to acclimate, or it wouldn't be a fair comparison.

I am the one that won the Space Monster polyp at the auction in Orlando. I also have Strawberry Wines and can tell you that they are VERY different. I will take a picture of both so that you can see the differences. The Space Monster is Amazing in person and I drove 7 hours each way to get it and I dont regret it at all. If anyone on here is in the NW FL area you are more then welcome to come by and check it out for yourself.

Here is a picture of my polyp that they used for the auction. I will take some pics of it in my tank next to my strawberry wines in the next few days.
SpaceMonster.jpg

Pellaeon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get on a list from jgonzz on the Space Monster Polyp but his message box is full.

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is 1 sick polyp. awesome grab on it. if there is room on the list. i would love one! btw what is the asking price? i dont mind paying for a great polyp cause i bought red hornets already!

if you dont want to post the price, please PM me it.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get on a list from jgonzz on the Space Monster Polyp but his message box is full.

Looks like Josh was one of the sponsors who didn't re-up for the sponser ship here on R2R, so that probably has something to do with his message box being full.

I

inactive

View Badges
Space Monster is off the frickin hook, I saw one at Baymac but was a little late on swooping it.. kicking myself in the bootay over it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back