Spectrapure Max cap 5 stage rodi

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jim_inDen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jim_inDen

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2024
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm new to the group!!! I've been having issues with this unit not producing water all of a sudden. When the water is turned on, it will fill the first 2 chambers and then stop before it hits the (new) membrane. Is it clogged? Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
 
Could be clogged, you could pull it apart and check each stage/filter/tube and verify. also could be the auto shutoff valve malfunctioning.
 
Thank you so much Red Beard! I surrendered, just took it over to my lfs to have them look at it. Took every inch of it apart and still no go. Thanks again!
 
Thank you so much Red Beard! I surrendered, just took it over to my lfs to have them look at it. Took every inch of it apart and still no go. Thanks again!
They can look pretty complicated for sure. I think I stared cross-eyed at mine for at least an hour looking back and forth between reality and documentation when i added an RO buddy pump to mine.

I hope your LFS gets you sorted out and on good footing!
 
Yeah, I have an ro buddy pump as well - could be the problem maybe, I think. Too much energy and effort to figure out. It's in better hands with them vs me!! Thanks again!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new