Spectrapure UHE 1:1 system

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes in Mesa our tds comes out at 1100 to 1200, it is awful. I will most likely be installing a pre filter in the next week.
I used to live 20 miles away in South Phoenix and there our tds was 700 to 800. I have heard that the water in some areas of Tempe is around 2000.
This is another reason I bought the system I did, I need a much help as I can get lol

Do you have a whole house filter? I would recommend adding that instead of just an additional prefilter

Richards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a whole house filter? I would recommend adding that instead of just an additional prefilter
No we don't, we are considering one. We just moved in here a couple of months ago, and have a whole list of improvements that need to be made.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I am not mistaken BRS dual membrane systems produce 2:1 for under $400
You can make ANY RO membrane work at a 2:1 by changing the $4 flow restrictor... you certainly do not need a second membrane to do this.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No we don't, we are considering one. We just moved in here a couple of months ago, and have a whole list of improvements that need to be made.
Yes - your Total Hardness must be off the charts. We can help you with a softener if you decide to go that route.

Russ

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good post for me, trying to figure what to do as well.
I'm also in Ca, and I rent, so water waste is a big deal for me, and my present filterguys RO/DI seems to not cut it for me, and those guys are no more so it's confusing me what to do, almost seems better to just buy a new unit right now.
I thought our TDS was high at 430ppm, but geez I'm glad I'm not in az.

I did recently consider the BRS 2:1, but here we have chloramines, and I did not see anything mentioned for a chloramine block on those, so I'm trying to be a cool renter and not wasteful, but w/out breaking the bank either, wondering what my best options are, as well as pointing out to op who's also in Ca they may have chloramines as well.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can help you with any/all parts and replacement filters for the filterguys systems, including chloramine filters.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can help you with any/all parts and replacement filters for the filterguys systems, including chloramine filters.

Thank you, appreciate that, I think it was you guys mentioned stepping for their systems for replacements.
Mine has been in use for many years, it's body/frame is rusting out and that coupled w/ the water waste issues we have here...landlords freak about water, especially w/ our present drought issues, need to be cool to keep tank here, so I'm just looking at options right now

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Called a flow restrictor. Every system has one.

HOWEVER, realize that the recommendation for a 4:1 ratio comes from the membrane manufacturer. So by reducing the amount of concentrate ("waste water") you may shorten the life span of the RO membrane.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back