Spending $ at 1:00am

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sits Unafraid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
~ 12:15 am return pump rattling. Break out back up.
~Back up not working, plan B, tinker with primary
~30 mins Later Primary back together. Rattling, vibrating but pumping water.
~1:00am decides new pump necessary. Tank is in bedroom with rattling pump.
~comes to terms with fact that Sprint payment will be a few days late.
remembers, no one worth talking to anyways.
~counting on BRS to save the day/night.
God speed standard free shipping.... God speed

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
godspeed fellow reefer. I've unfortunately been in that situation except I didn't have the spare pump. I do now, but it must be super aggravating to find out your spare is dead

U

User1

View Badges
Have to test those spares as well. I run a pair of Cor 15's one for return and one for skimmer. I rotate their roles after cleaning since they are direct replacements and both running at 100%. I also have a Mag pump that is a backup to both of those. It will get connected to the skimmer for a day then taken back offline, rinses, and put away. If I can't do that then I at least use to to pump water out of a brute from RI/RO to Mixer.

Bummer on the pump.

OP
OP
Sits Unafraid

Sits Unafraid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saf1, that’s a good set up. I also have a Mag pump back up but it’s a mag 12 off my old 75 gallon, and this tank is not really equipped for that.

OP
OP
Sits Unafraid

Sits Unafraid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently I forgot to update this.
New return pump arrived just as expected thanks to BRS
Unfortunately took me a little longer to get up and running that I originally anticipated due to my work schedule. Ended up switching return lines to hard plumbing. Nothing pretty, just needed it done and quiet. 066877F2-27E7-4730-832A-D8FBC349AB90.jpeg
4B5B43A1-5CE3-4653-BC3D-C91B44203ABE.jpeg
So to review the pump. It’s working great, easy to install (aside from my confusion as to what Reef Octopus meant by 1/2” barb for soft plumbing) but most importantly it’s QUIET. I went with the Reef Octopus Varios 2. Even on the lowest setting it’s putting out a nice amount of flow for this little tank. Still need to tweak the overflow to return ratio a little but I’m sure I could T this off for extra equipment/reactors if I upgrade the sump, or even if I upgrade the display. Overall 10/10, and no more rattle trap pump.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back