Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!

Excellent taste in audio equipment and music as well!

I could live there. LOL!

Thank you! It should be quite nice when the system is up. I think I will be spending even more time listening to music lol.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20190214-120315_Reddit.jpg

My old build farming Karma :p.. I am days away from filling this build with water! I am extremely excited to have a reef aquarium at my home again. This will push me into starting my Next build that goes in my basement :).

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 I love your builds so much attention to details! Can’t wait to see this Elos build develop even more. I am also looking at the Somatic 60 sump as well. How are you liking it , with quality, material, and overall look? Would love to hear your input.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 I love your builds so much attention to details! Can’t wait to see this Elos build develop even more. I am also looking at the Somatic 60 sump as well. How are you liking it , with quality, material, and overall look? Would love to hear your input.

The sump feels good.. All of it is made from what looks like 1/4" acrylic with soft edges so I am not cutting my hand on it. The skimmers for the money are hard to beat... They do have some odd quirks as the pump seem to be attached to the bottom plate though.

For the overall cost of they system it is great. The "add ons" are needed in most cases thought to make it a complete system but its nice to have options imo.

For the overall cost of the skimmers and sumps it is hard to say anything bad about them. They are not a dream box but they do not claim to be that so yes I would recommend them if it fits withing budget and system needs.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great, Kyle!

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sir You are A DIY Master splinter . Very clean and inspiring. How did you make the wiring . Like the one with 3 or 4 splits . I am building a 120 now and would love to shorten and split some of my wires .

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump feels good.. All of it is made from what looks like 1/4" acrylic with soft edges so I am not cutting my hand on it. The skimmers for the money are hard to beat... They do have some odd quirks as the pump seem to be attached to the bottom plate though.

For the overall cost of they system it is great. The "add ons" are needed in most cases thought to make it a complete system but its nice to have options imo.

For the overall cost of the skimmers and sumps it is hard to say anything bad about them. They are not a dream box but they do not claim to be that so yes I would recommend them if it fits withing budget and system needs.

Thats very good to know @Elder1945! I am still really considering it for my New IM 30L build that I have been thinking about on this deployment. I am just looking at all my options, and I tend to find my self coming back to the Somatic 60 option , I think its due to the sump/skimmer combo. I do like what modifications you have done to the sump, its a very nice touch of you! What Clarisea model are you using the 3k or the 5k ? I have been looking at those as well.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build and good job. One negative, PLEASE.....your video below gave me a huge headache because it's running way too fast !
You're not alone, as many people record video, they also pan back & forth too fast. Again, PLEASE slow down.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmiMPXOihc7hDNFR9jECRHw

I look forward to the rest of the build with pictures and,...video !

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....

We have had a few issues.... Long story...

I will be taking down this system and rebuilding it from scratch. I have learned a lot from this one and will be applying this to my Fallout Build and this new Elos 70 Project. This will and is the main system in my home and want to change a few things... Like automated testing and so on.

I am excited to re do this one..

On top of this I have re configured my fish room so we should be ready to start this new adventure in a weeks time.

Stand will be done in this time next week I hope and i can start up again. Keep a eye out on both of my builds as they are finally starting to come together.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back