Spots on Bristletooth Tang

Soilworker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2022
Messages
312
Reaction score
317
Location
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20220804_141128.jpg


IMG_20220804_140817.jpg


This whitetail bristletooth tang I got yesterday has some spots/light marks on its body. It came from a frag tank at the LFS that had some egg crate in it that it could swim under. Is this Ich? It doesn't quite look like it to me. Is it just marks from rubbing against things?

Any identification or treatment tips are greatly appreciated.
 
Does not look like ick to me.
Looks like the bad end of an attack.
Pic fuzzy on my end, the patches look to big for any ick I’ve seen.
 
IMG_20220804_141128.jpg


IMG_20220804_140817.jpg


This whitetail bristletooth tang I got yesterday has some spots/light marks on its body. It came from a frag tank at the LFS that had some egg crate in it that it could swim under. Is this Ich? It doesn't quite look like it to me. Is it just marks from rubbing against things?

Any identification or treatment tips are greatly appreciated.

Sometimes you see skin blanching around ich trophonts. I commonly see it on baby emperor angelfish....that looks just like this. This is a pretty small tang, right? I think you need to watch it closely and be prepared to treat it for ich. If the spots come and go and change location and change numbers over a few days, then it is probably ich.

Jay
 
Sometimes you see skin blanching around ich trophonts. I commonly see it on baby emperor angelfish....that looks just like this. This is a pretty small tang, right? I think you need to watch it closely and be prepared to treat it for ich. If the spots come and go and change location and change numbers over a few days, then it is probably ich.

Jay
Gotcha, I'll keep an eye on it and move it quarantine soon if it doesn't improve.

Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new