Spotted mandarin speaking

cant beat reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, second time posting in here and everyone has been so helpful.

I have recently purchased (2 weeks ago) a female spotted for my male, my male has been great with her there has been no fighting (fingers crossed ) other than the beginning for 20 sec or so I’m assuming that was assorting dominance.

I was wondering if anyone has had success breeding mandarins or at least have the doing the mating ritual, I have seen my male flare up his dorsal fin in the evening at the lunar mode of my lights but she doesn’t really respond and just follows him around. I’m not sure if she is maybe to young and not mature enough to breed ( should be image below). But I was wondering if there is anything to help trigger the spawn.

many thanks Jonty.

05925AD6-BB45-455C-8ABF-EC992ED8E9DC.jpeg 4BE8554F-4C0C-4015-BBC7-1767DA58BA82.jpeg 0603B4F3-17CD-4A7E-9091-37FA99ECC7B1.jpeg

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually paired my spotted mandarin up a couple of weeks ago too. Do you know how old your mandarins are? It is possible your female mandarin is not mature enough to mate yet.

OP
OP
cant beat reef

cant beat reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually paired my spotted mandarin up a couple of weeks ago too. Do you know how old your mandarins are? It is possible your female mandarin is not mature enough to mate yet.
That’s what I was wondering, he’s definitely good I have had him for a fairly long time however she may not be mature enough but time will tell, I’ve read that they have to be at least 14 months to start spawning, hopefully they will start soon

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back