OP
OP
NewCaliCaptives

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a 10 gallon tank that will be very susceptible to changes in water chemistry. Also, many different species affected.

With that said, am I understanding correctly. No issues with the corals in this tank for three years until the past two weeks. Were these corals in this system or the newer system when they started having issues.

You need to identify the source of the copper and that needs to be removed. I agree with the water change and cuprisorb.

Dipping will likely only stress the corals further. Given that the acros, Montis and chalices all started having issues around the same time a couple weeks ago, I'm leaning toward chemistry being the culprit and less likely to be a bacterial or biological source simultaneously affecting the corals from the various genuses at once in a short time.
the frags we’re in the newer system when they started having issues so i dipped them in coral rx and put them in this one. They started to get better it seemed and then started to get worse, and now the bleaching problems have shown up on corals that have always been in this system that we’re doing fine. Im sending in an ICP today of freshly mixed SW so that will help me narrow down the source of the copper. This morning I started dosing 0.75ml of NeoPhos to hopefully raise that part a bit.

OP
OP
NewCaliCaptives

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is also a few small brown flatworms on the chalice in the last photo, not sure if those being there are causing anything or not.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back