reefaboo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice ..

can you reiterate your feeding regime ?
are you still following what you posted earlier ?
isnt that too much nutrients ;) only nutrient transport i see are skimmer and the GFO ??

sorry too many questions :)

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful colors on your corals Sahin :) Any chance of an update sometime before the next solar eclipse.......... that's right..... i found you mate.
And there I thought I was safe on this forum... :D But it's OK because I am a mod here. Can freeze your membership if you or Kevin get out of line. :D (kidding of course)...maybe... :D

Only have iPad at moment matey. Laptop is being repaired. I took an fts shot but cannot get it off camera.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice ..

can you reiterate your feeding regime ?
are you still following what you posted earlier ?
isnt that too much nutrients ;) only nutrient transport i see are skimmer and the GFO ??

sorry too many questions :)

Thanks. Feeding 4 times a day on auto feeder. Mixture of flakes and NLS pellets. Occasionally feed frozen too.

Nutrient export is skimmer and refugium. Don't run GFO at moment because nutrients are too low. Trying to raise PO4 to at least 0.06ppm.

Very very impressive.
Thank you.

Hi! We are waiting for news.
Thank you. As soon as I have my laptop repaired, I'll post up some images.

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stunning result. How Balling solution that you use now? Ca, Mg, KH per day..
I am using Fauna Marin balling. Mg not using at moment as the weekly water changes keeps Mg at 1320ppm.

Dosing 20ml of Ca and 40ml of Alk.

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS:
DSC_6968A_zpszrislme5.jpg

Red Planet:
DSC_6968_zpscv9q17ho.jpg

What I see from the top of my stairs as I enter my flat (living room is below):
DSC_6886_zpsi3uqw3yz.jpg
Very nice. really like it.
pm sent as well.

thanks

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the latest FTS:
DSC_7524_zpssjobeqtq.jpg

I went on holiday and some fish had jumped/one of the MP10's had come off the glass/some corals became pale/others browned out...etc etc.

Since then I added more fish and have been feeding lots. Corals are recovering.

DnR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I would classify the two lights as equivalent (since the T5's are the main light source). I cannot speak for the LED dominated units.

In terms of additives, I havent been using anything. I dosed Prodibio Bioptim and Biodigest and KZ Zeobac from 0-4 months in order to control nutrients. Now I dont even need to use GFO. NO3=0.2ppm and PO4=0.03.

In the past 2 weeks I have started the FULL Fauna Marin Balling Lite system complete with trace elements to boost colours. No real change so far, but I expect noticeable results within the new few months.
Hi Sahin, how much did you dose biodigest n bioptim since the beginning, every 2 weeks? Amazing colors you got there?

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sahin, how much did you dose biodigest n bioptim since the beginning, every 2 weeks? Amazing colors you got there?
Yes, every two weeks 1 ampoule. I havent dosed for some weeks though as the nutrients have gone down too low for my liking. I havent used GFO for around 6 months and I cannot get the PO4 to at least 0.03ppm. I've been feeding the tank like crazy lately.

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both. :)

At the moment around 85% of the SPS are coloured up decently. I've like to get that number upto 95% at least and have the coloured up ones to look awesome. Then I'll be very happy. :)

I know the feeling!!! At the moment, all of my SPS are in a holding tank up at my LFS in a back room. Once our new tank is cycled and we get our new light fixture, my coral will hopefully get all their color back. As of now they are significantly pale compared to when I had them in my 90g SPS system.

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for some photos...not just SPS this time.

DSC_7747_zpscyrfleyr.jpg

DSC_7758_zpswxetph5p.jpg

DSC_7757_zpsrpsn44rt.jpg

DSC_7744_zpsc4n4xary.jpg

DSC_7745_zpst0bqadfn.jpg

DSC_7740_zpsuqppojcf.jpg

Red Planet not as bright red as used to be.
DSC_7743_zpsx6tpjhqp.jpg

Had this piece for a couple of years; only recently started to grow. I can see hints of red on the tips and body...
DSC_7707_zpssyohviep.jpg

The most recent dramatic change; very pleased with this SSC.
From this:
DSC_6941_zpslrzdvimb.jpg

To:
DSC_7735_zps6z3c8wsl.jpg

DSC_7612_zpsvuolfpmx.jpg

DSC_7776_zpshchvmtq6.jpg

DSC_7664_zpsosnqdsnf.jpg

DSC_7738_zpsc73lrihq.jpg

DSC_7614_zpsxgfokt5e.jpg

DSC_7772_zpspvmi0gz4.jpg

TankRazr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

Can only reiterate what others have already said. Very nice photography very nice corals.

TR

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back