Sps in Rap Orlando expectations?

sticksreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

Was wondering what would you expect to see of sps frags in rap Orlando? Like are they cheaper in price than online? First time going to rap so was wondering how much the “trip” might cost lol.

Thank you!

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience at RAP California, on the first day, from the big vendors, the prices are pretty much what you would see as online prices. Multiple frags purchased might get you a better price.

The reef club tables are where you will find the better deals.

Day 2 toward the end you might get some better deals from some but not all vendors as some of them would rather not take the corals back home.

Keep in mind you are able to purchase all these frags in one location, and there is no shipping charges since you are already standing there. That can be a big savings.

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't expect deals from the big name vendors. Most of them are based out of Orlando and have no problem going home with their corals. You will however find almost every piece you are looking for. Just be prepared to spend because if you won't someone else will.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sticksreef

sticksreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there are reef club tables where hobbyst sell their frags? Thats good to know.

I might pre purchase from other hobbyst and meet there too.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late on the last day is where you can get some deals. Taking corals back home is still a risk.

You can probably get the best deals on the non-trendy stuff.

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go on the first day and find everything you’ve been looking for. Just save up for that date. You won’t be disappointed.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think being able to buy the frags in person, using your own eyes and not relying on someone's picture online, is a great benefit.

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect prices at this years RAP to be the highest they've been, because of Indo closing down. Always a good show and cool stuff to see, but never really that impressed with the prices.. as stated, last day is your best bet for finding out of state vendors trying to get rid of their stock. Just my take.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back