SPS Lagoon without protein skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jacek56
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
...and the green one in last picture is awesome!
 
Could you post an update on how the abro is growing? Not many of us get to see a nice colony like that in captivity :)

Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr

Abro is recovering well :)

Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr

Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
url=https://flic.kr/p/MqVfsp]
29818040027_b4376cd538_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr

Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Wow, beautiful! That abro is doing amazing. Most beautiful colony I have seen, it's so natural looking!
Do you think any size tank can be set up the same as yours with this success?
 
Wow, beautiful! That abro is doing amazing. Most beautiful colony I have seen, it's so natural looking!
Do you think any size tank can be set up the same as yours with this success?
Thank you.
I think that size of the tank does not matter, biology is the same.
 
Beautiful thought provoking tank! A few questions. Is no3 and po4 zero? How do you keep the sand clean and the rocks? Got anything keeping it clean? Zeovit system?
 
Beautiful thought provoking tank! A few questions. Is no3 and po4 zero? How do you keep the sand clean and the rocks? Got anything keeping it clean? Zeovit system?
Thank you, that is the concept of this thread.
NO3 and PO4 are not detectable by Salifert test and Hanna pocket photometer. :)
I stirr and blow sand from time to time. I noticed that in zone of high flow sand is clean only places with low bottom current require attention. Two weeks ago I siphoned sand from low flow part and put into high flow zone. I have done this first time since I put sand into aquarium. I hope to do this again in one year time.
Yes, I try to implement Zeovit but in my case it is very slow progress. I still play with dosages.

Photo progress
Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
Now
Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr

Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
Now
Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr

And my wife’s favourite

Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
 
A+!!! Do you know what species the first picture is? Awesome coralites on it. That sarmentosa is great as well as the rest! What is the thick green acro with small purple tips and growth rim?
 
A+!!! Do you know what species the first picture is? Awesome coralites on it. That sarmentosa is great as well as the rest! What is the thick green acro with small purple tips and growth rim?
I wish I could answer Your question. I only know this coral came from Indonesia.
Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
Side view
Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
Untitled by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr


Untitled
by Jacek Kowalski, on Flickr
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new