SPS Mini Colony Slowly Dying, Pest?

arranms96

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2021
Messages
50
Reaction score
16
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I've had this "Mini SPS Colony" in my tank for about 3 months, it was growing quiet well to start with but for the last two months its been slowly losing flesh, I originally thought it was just down to shading so i moved it to pretty much directly under one of my lights to try and eliminate as much shading as possible.

I've just taken some pictures of it with a Macro Lens and unless I'm going mad I'm sure I can see some type of pest on the skeleton.

Wondering if someone could help me ID and provide some advice on treatment before they spread, currently all other SPS corals are happy and growing.

2022-02-26 19.25.15.jpg
2022-02-26 19.25.21.jpg
2022-02-26 19.25.34.jpg
2022-02-26 19.26.04.jpg
2022-02-26 19.26.32.jpg
 
As I mentioned earlier, I'm saying flatworm. Am I the only one seeing this in their pics????
Inked2022-02-26 19.25.34_LI.jpg
Inked2022-02-26 19.26.04_LI.jpg
 
You are not. I see them as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new