SPS, too much light or not enough?

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, few days ago i've noticed one small frag of acro going bleaching and i've got worried. I am noticing now also the second frag possibly going white but this time from the top side (the most exposed to light).

In the same time the seriatopora is showing different coloration from the part exposed to light and the part that is not.

PO4 were bottomed out last week so i've dosed some and brought back to 0.04, some user here told me could possibly be that the culprit of first acro bleaching., But i am really not sure about how many par i am giving to the corals so i am not sure could be from too much or too little light.

All the parameters are good and stable part from PO4 that weren't but now is a .04 so should be ok. Tank is 1 year old. Light are 1 noopsyche k7 mini (60w) at 55% blue/uv and 30% white + there are 2 x 30w luminhi pixie at 90% blue, 30% white 10% green red.

I am waiting on a luxmeter in order to calibrate an old iphone with the photone app to see if i can get a fairly trusting reading on par.

In those phot you sewe some damage that can be caused by light strenght?

IMG_20230912_102831.jpg IMG_20230912_102838.jpg IMG_20230912_102844.jpg

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just reread your initial post. Your issues are likely related to po4 bottoming out. Make sure it’s back in range for several weeks before doing any changes. You can also add some brand of amino acids to help corals recover faster. However, if before po4 drop your corals looked good, I wouldn’t do anything else for now. I wouldn’t mess with the lighting or anything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back