SPS Turning White

tuggerlake26

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2020
Messages
70
Reaction score
27
Location
Chicago, IL USA
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things were going well for me, then I made a rookie mistake that might have bleached my corals.

I moved a tank about three months ago that was a year old. A month or so after I moved the tank, I realized I had my XR 15 on the wrong light setting (it had reset itself). So I updated it back and cut down the intensity for fifteen days to acclimate.

Fast forward to today. I've lost two corals that have completely bleached (montipora) and a few that aren't looking so good. My BTA also split.

Is the issue my lighting or something else? Params are below. What can I do to fix?

32 gallon Fiji cube AIO
Xr15 pro light with AB+ setting at 65%
Coralvue skimmer
Use Red Sea salt, currently switching from coral pro to the normal salt (didn't like the high alk)
Temp: 78
PH: 8.4
Alk: 9.2
Calcium: 420
Mag: 1350
Salinity: 1.026
Nitrate: around 0.5
Phosphate: 0.01
20210628_191100.jpg

20210628_191118.jpg
 
Nitrate at .5? Nothing for them to eat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new