SPS white spots

maksim serebro

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2015
Messages
318
Reaction score
91
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Got these white spots on PC rainbow about 2 weeks ago. Coral seems happy and has full polyp extension. Coral is encrusting and has been I the tank for about 6 months. I’m thinking those spots are from fish damaging it. Don’t see red bugs or flat worms. Parameters: salinity 35, alkalinity 8.5. Phos 0.0. Nitrate 20 ppm. Temp 79. Calcium 420. Any ideas?

8E14C8A8-38ED-482D-BD30-D6866EDA09F2.jpeg 136A2807-4B64-49C3-A8C2-C3EAB7189717.jpeg
 
The whole spots are on the base. Sorry for bad iPhone pics
 
Do you have asterina stars? I've noticed in the past that asterina's will leave damaged spots on the lower areas of SPS corals. They seem to recover quickly. Just a thought.
 
No I have never seen one in this tank. Thank for reply though
 
I do have 3 emerald crabs. Could they do that?
 
I do have 3 emerald crabs. Could they do that?
I had the same thing happen recently when I replaced my Emerald Crab that had died. I didn’t see it picking at the coral but I’m pretty certain it was the issue and it stopped after I moved the crab to the refugium.
 
I had the same thing happen recently when I replaced my Emerald Crab that had died. I didn’t see it picking at the coral but I’m pretty certain it was the issue and it stopped after I moved the crab to the refugium.
Going to check on the coral for a few nights. If I can find the crab, will move him. He hides during the day because of my harlequin tusk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new