Spsaddict's dream come true!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Camera is a cannon rebel ti1
Lens is either a cannon 60mm macro or a 100mm macro. The new lens I got is the 60 mainly for shooting corals in my frag tank.
Thank you for the lens information

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know it's been awhile since I have updated the thread and I apologize. Lifes been a bit crazy lately. I just picked up a sweet new lens for the camera yesterday so I thought I would bust it out for a test run tonight. Here's what I got cookin' in the frag tank. Along with a few shots from the main display. I will try to stay more up to date.

Awesome!

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stunning tank. !!
Did u go Bare bottom from the start ? Do you carbon dose at all? How often do u siphon out ur display of detritus? Do u keep a lot of fish / bio load? Do u have more live rock other then what's in display do u believe in a lot of Lr?
Sorry for all questions!
Thank you in advance I've been trying sps for yrs with very mediocre results i can't come close to your color so I'm contemplating a major overhaul removing a lot of fish and my sand bed ! My biggest issue I believe is nutrients even with 15% weekly wc !
Thanks again one of nicest tanks I've ever seen

OP
OP
spsaddict

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stunning tank. !!
Did u go Bare bottom from the start ? Do you carbon dose at all? How often do u siphon out ur display of detritus? Do u keep a lot of fish / bio load? Do u have more live rock other then what's in display do u believe in a lot of Lr?
Sorry for all questions!
Thank you in advance I've been trying sps for yrs with very mediocre results i can't come close to your color so I'm contemplating a major overhaul removing a lot of fish and my sand bed ! My biggest issue I believe is nutrients even with 15% weekly wc !
Thanks again one of nicest tanks I've ever seen

Yes I did go bare bottom from the start. This system was actually an experiment to try to achieve ulns conditions without using probiotics. I siphon my display every Friday during my water change. I don't keep as many fish as I would like thus my bioload is relitivley low. I battled velvet early on with the system so I am very diligent with quarantine on new fish. I have 20 fish in a 270 gal total volume system. I have to admit keeping nutrient in the system is a challenge but I do like being on the side of to clean then to dirty. Allows for more feedings of fish and corals, additives like aminos ect... My systems rock is minimalistic. I would estimate around 70-80 lbs in the main display with much less in the frag tank. Though I do have quite a bit of super sponge filled rubble in the sump. The balance of nutrients in prolly one of the most challenging parts of keeping sps IMO. I have my best success with nitrate relitivly low but detectable. I try to keep it at 5ppm and p04 between 0.02 and 0.07. I keep my alk as close to 8 as possible. Cal 420-430.
Mag 1430-1440. A lot of things I do are on the fly though. Run the skimmer, don't run the skimmer. More direct feedings of corals, less feeding of corals. Big water change, no water change. I've gotten pretty good at directing what to do off how the corals look. I try and stay on the path of what has worked for me in the past and not look for the quick fix. I hope that helps.

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build thread ! Love all the nice equitment and frag tank is a beauty! Amazing colors in coral! Hey where did u find the section cups at?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back