Spsaddict's dream come true!

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, sorry for all the questions... You're clearly doing things right so I'm trying to replicate your system as best I can:) One more question. What do you use for 2 part/3 part/Keeping your parameters up? I saw that you dose so I'm curious which products you use and any advice for keeping trace elements, etc in check? Thanks!!

OP
OP
spsaddict

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, sorry for all the questions... You're clearly doing things right so I'm trying to replicate your system as best I can:) One more question. What do you use for 2 part/3 part/Keeping your parameters up? I saw that you dose so I'm curious which products you use and any advice for keeping trace elements, etc in check? Thanks!!

I dose brs 3 part through a bubble magus doser. Though I will switching to the neptunes dos soon. As far as trace I kinda rely on my water changes to replenish most of the minors. Right now I'm only manually adding zeovit phols xtra special, zeovit coral vitalizer, and lugols iodine. I am looking into potassium dosing atm.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome system. This would be my dream setup. :)

Can you break down what you are feeding the fish? Thanks.

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running the exact same parameter ranges and get great color. Growth is decent with a 250w Radium but 6 T5s seem to outgrow unless I go with a 400w MH. I also dose the same but along with K and no iodine yet.

Killer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still run the same bulb combo and photoperiod?

Best SPS colours!

Deadcalm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You truly do have a dream setup. I've talked to you dozens of times at AOA and have always valued your advise. I didn't realize you had such an amazing setup until one of your co-workers yesterday suggested I visit your thread. dang!!!

I have a few questions about your lighting setup: How high do you keep your fixture above the waterline and what is your lighting schedule. Is this something you set and forget or do you adjust?

OP
OP
spsaddict

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still run the same bulb combo and photoperiod?

Best SPS colours!

I actually just pulled the coral+ and switched it to another blue+. I ran this combo before and liked it but I'm not sure I do now. I'm going to leave it for a few weeks and see how things look.

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this tank in person the other night, it was amazing. No photoshop BS pics here. Very clean setup! Sps were very healthy and colorful!!

OP
OP
spsaddict

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You truly do have a dream setup. I've talked to you dozens of times at AOA and have always valued your advise. I didn't realize you had such an amazing setup until one of your co-workers yesterday suggested I visit your thread. ****!!!

I have a few questions about your lighting setup: How high do you keep your fixture above the waterline and what is your lighting schedule. Is this something you set and forget or do you adjust?

Lights are about 12-14 inches above each tank. I don't raise or lower the distance much. I guess I do somewhat have it set and forget. When I change bulbs I only change 1 every week to avoid shock. Hope that helps. Thanks for the kind words.

OP
OP
spsaddict

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome system. This would be my dream setup. :)

Can you break down what you are feeding the fish? Thanks.

Fish get fed a variety of mysis, spirulina enriched brine, and spectrum pellets. I feed nori to the tangs 1-2 times a week.

rs1831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I reading this correctly, you only have your full t5 fixture on for 3.5 hours?

Thanks

Thanks brother! Come by anytime bro! Talk tanks over some chili dogs. Lol

The fixtures are Ati sunpowers 8x54w. Bulb combo is 4 Ati blue +, 2 Ati actinic, 1 Ati purple +, 1 Ati coral +. Each fixture has 2 all blue reefbrite tech leds. One on the front of each fixture and one on the back.
Lighting schedule is
5pm - front reefbrites on
5:30pm - rear reefbrites on
6pm - reefbrites and 1 actinic 1 blue +
7pm - rear reefbrites off all t5's on
10:30pm - 1 blue + 1 actinic both reefbrites on
1:30am - t5's off
2:00am - rear reefbrite off
2:30am - all off

Thanks for the kind words. Perams are as follows.
Specific gravity - 1.026
Ca - 420-440
Alk - 8
Mag - 1440
N03 - 5 - 10
P04 - 0.03 - 0.08
I feed the coras and fish pretty heavy and dose zeo phols xtra special, coral vitalizer, and lugols iodine. Regular weekly water changes are performed on Fridays.
The acro you are referring to is the rr jaw dropper. Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back