Starry Blenny (Salarias ramosus)

  • Thread starter Thread starter TvanB1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
:)
Mine still lay eggs like clockwork. It has become a part time job just feeding my tank lol
Just an idea: if you would want to donate a pipe full of eggs I could give them a try... San Jose is kind of on my way to and from work...
 
Just an idea: if you would want to donate a pipe full of eggs I could give them a try... San Jose is kind of on my way to and from work...
Definitely!
Send me a PM and I’ll give you the next clutch.
- Just checked and they have a nice pipe full. Not sure how long ago they laid these but they look about 3-5 days old.
 
Last edited:
I quarantined the first pair in a 10 gallon and then moved them to a 20 tall. The female was a little aggressive towards the male at first but by now they sit together.
Right now I have 2 males in one 10 gallon QT and 2 females in another. Even same sex individuals seem to get along reasonably well, or at least they don't beat each other to a pulp.
Nice I might try that route as well thanks for the info
 
Definitely!
Send me a PM and I’ll give you the next clutch.
- Just checked and they have a nice pipe full. Not sure how long ago they laid these but they look about 3-5 days old.
That is awesome
 
Definitely!
Send me a PM and I’ll give you the next clutch.
- Just checked and they have a nice pipe full. Not sure how long ago they laid these but they look about 3-5 days old.
I need to ramp up my Parvo cultures first and get more larvae tanks built. Once I'm having the required capacity I let you know.
 
Unfortunately my female has been loosing weight and stopped laying. I am hoping to catch her this week and get her into a recovery tank.
Aquatic Collection has a good number of large ones in case you need a replacement or second female. A male and multiple females work - I have a trio in a 40B and they get along fine.
 
Thanks for the long contributions of everyone on this thread . I have been wanting this species but was worried about territorial disputes and sexing the species . I can now move forward with obtaining pairs . Got my first starry blenny on Friday
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new