Start Cycle?

Shunopoli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just put my dry sand and dry rock in. It's still a little cloudy. Can I go ahead and put in my bacteria and ammonia source even though it's still cloudy from the sand?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it wont harm at all. the silt just swirls around till it settles due to bioencapsulation or its removed by various filters depending on setup. *if you have a small tank, take it apart and rinse the sand before you set back up, save big headaches on rearranging work later on etc.

OP
OP
S

Shunopoli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it wont harm at all. the silt just swirls around till it settles due to bioencapsulation or its removed by various filters depending on setup. *if you have a small tank, take it apart and rinse the sand before you set back up, save big headaches on rearranging work later on etc.

So I pre-rinsed the sand before putting it in. I have red sea 250. It's been probably about 17 hours and still cloudy as heck. How long does it take to settle? Also the dry sand i put in they didn't include that packet that is supposed to help

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it wont matter after X amnt of time, ranges among tanks.

bioslicks will cover them eventually and settle/ running a nice high micron canister filter + some carbon w help too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back